Just ordered two large x rigging rings from Luke

customcuts

So I just ordered 2 large x rings and I'm wanting to make a sling that has an x ring on both sides, one that I can take up with me and wrap it around the stem I will be using as a rigging point, my question is what rope should I make it out of? 3/4" tenex or stable braid? I will be putting a cordura sleev on it as well. Another question is how long s should I make it? Iknow I can use it in a basket configuration on horizontal crothes but what about using it in a false crotch configuration? I'm thinking of making it 6'... Any advice is greatly appreciated..

bonner1040

Mine is 3 maybe 3.5 foot long. You got the 28/20 rings? Stable braid is better to use if you arent concerned with making it short, IMHO. I think making a rigSAVER is far more utilitarian. I like XRRandXRR saver for bucket work because its quick and easy, but for climbing I prefer the rigSAVER with a large 28/20 XRR, the 3" rigging ring and a Pinto RIG.

I would never want one to be 6', even my rigSAVER is only about 5'

customcuts

Lets see your rig saver, can u post a pic, I'm looking for something that I can use instead of setting a block. Do u think a double xring (large) would be a sufficient bend radious for 1/2" & 9/16ths

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts
Top Bottom