Jobber? Or something else?

laddo

Does anyone use Jobber (what do you specifically use it for)? Does anyone NOT use Jobber (provide specific reason)?

If you do use Jobber, do you use it in conjunction with any other platforms? Which tier package do you sub to?

I am opening my own tree care biz and have been doing quite a bit of research into different workflow/technology platforms. I am thinking of going with Jobber and Quickbooks integration. Anyone have any practical use pro’s and con’s?
Any feedback is GREATLY appreciated!!!!
Thanks!!

Reach

We use Jobber with QuickBooks, Jobber handles all customer interactions, from the initial call coming in to the invoice going out at the end, and post project follow ups afterwards. Works great for a smaller company, especially with QuickBooks for the accounting side. Jobber has some capabilities there, but only very basics, not really enough to run a full business.

evo

I use jobber, under their loyalty account. I did use it with QB Online but my cpa and book keeps hated QBO so we are now running old school QB desktop.
I love jobber, and find it honorable that when they restructured their plans they grandfathered in existing customers without jacking up rates. For a while they basically offered existing customers free access to features which were only available on more expensive plans.
Since I’m a numbskull, the best thing about jobber is that it keeps me out of quickbooks, I can do what ever in jobber and mess up all I want, without pissing off my accountant.

In many regards jobber is way more robust than what I need, and in others there are a few short comings. I’d love if I can categorize my employee hours beyond just the job. Example 1 hour shop time, three hour fine pruning on ground, two hour climbing/chipping, and 1 hour equipment maintenance. Or even simple as “landscape” vs “shop”, vs treework. In my case all different workman’s comp rates, ranging from 1.30 per hour to almost 6 per hour.

I’m not a techie by any means and disliked their app (probably me). So use their desktop exclusively even from my phone.

laddo

I use jobber, under their loyalty account. I did use it with QB Online but my cpa and book keeps hated QBO so we are now running old school QB desktop.
I love jobber, and find it honorable that when they restructured their plans they grandfathered in existing customers without jacking up rates. For a while they basically offered existing customers free access to features which were only available on more expensive plans.
Since I’m a numbskull, the best thing about jobber is that it keeps me out of quickbooks, I can do what ever in jobber and mess up all I want, without pissing off my accountant.

In many regards jobber is way more robust than what I need, and in others there are a few short comings. I’d love if I can categorize my employee hours beyond just the job. Example 1 hour shop time, three hour fine pruning on ground, two hour climbing/chipping, and 1 hour equipment maintenance. Or even simple as “landscape” vs “shop”, vs treework. In my case all different workman’s comp rates, ranging from 1.30 per hour to almost 6 per hour.

I’m not a techie by any means and disliked their app (probably me). So use their desktop exclusively even from my phone.
That’s awesome. Thanks!!!

fhudo

I use jobber and love it. Except for one thing. When a client makes a request, I need to then switch to old email when discussing a possible visit time. Jobber does not let you do that from within.

From a quote being sent/ approved through to invoicing it’s fantastic but it does need work on its initial visit and client scheduling workflow.

laddo

I use jobber and love it. Except for one thing. When a client makes a request, I need to then switch to old email when discussing a possible visit time. Jobber does not let you do that from within.

From a quote being sent/ approved through to invoicing it’s fantastic but it does need work on its initial visit and client scheduling workflow.
Thanks for the response! Can you elaborate on that a little bit? Are you describing the need for some kind of internal communications feature?
Also, does jobber allow you to sync with google calendar events? What about iphone reminders? Or is all of that exclusively contained within the jobber platform (does everything have to be viewed/synced through the app/site)?

evo

Agreed, but 90% of my clients I speak to them first then direct them to fill out a request. The I have to manually approve the request and set “on site assessment” before I can schedule it. It feels like too many dance steps

Reach

Also, does jobber allow you to sync with google calendar events? What about iphone reminders? Or is all of that exclusively contained within the jobber platform (does everything have to be viewed/synced through the app/site)?
Jobber can sync with Google Calendar and iCalendar, but I don’t believe it syncs with iPhone Reminders - I’m not sure why it would need to, the way everything shows in the calendar and in the Jobber app is generally sufficient.

i have a couple minor complaints about Jobber, but overall it‘s a great platform for a smaller company. If you want something a big step above, in capability and in price, check out SingleOps. We will likely make the switch when we hit three or more crews full time, but that’s a ways off yet.

Luke Haas

I use Quickbooks Online, I like the fact that my accountants can access my info whenever I have a question. It's a very simple platform that's rather inexpensive. Then, I just use Google Calendar and Google Sheets for other organization. It seems to work awesome for me!

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom