It's a Great Day to be a Tree Man

Jonny

I love Maine, gotta go visit my aunt and bro there once it’s safer to travel and socialize. Gorgeous in autumn too.
There’s a thread going if you ever wanna share a pic :)

Nice video. Whatever works for you, and different strokes for different folks and all that, but you ever tried a web or rope bridge saddle? Game changer for me, I was on a 4D for a few years before it.

Brady Chapman

I love Maine, gotta go visit my aunt and bro there once it’s safer to travel and socialize. Gorgeous in autumn too.
There’s a thread going if you ever wanna share a pic :)

Nice video. Whatever works for you, and different strokes for different folks and all that, but you ever tried a web or rope bridge saddle? Game changer for me, I was on a 4D for a few years before it.
Thank you. I've heard that same story a few times, and I definitely see that day coming soon when I upgrade to one of the new fancy harnesses out there. I've had this one for seven years and it was an upgrade from the caveman saddle my dad had me climbing on. Although I hang my life on a rope almost every day there is still something unnerving about a rope bridge to me. I know its probably silly and Im sure I would get over it quick, but I have to admit it has been a small deterrent. But I bet the ergonomics of the newer saddles would help me change my mind; do you have a recommendation?

Reach

Thank you. I've heard that same story a few times, and I definitely see that day coming soon when I upgrade to one of the new fancy harnesses out there. I've had this one for seven years and it was an upgrade from the caveman saddle my dad had me climbing on. Although I hang my life on a rope almost every day there is still something unnerving about a rope bridge to me. I know its probably silly and Im sure I would get over it quick, but I have to admit it has been a small deterrent. But I bet the ergonomics of the newer saddles would help me change my mind; do you have a recommendation?
If you’re not sure you like the idea of a rope bridge, but want a modern saddle, check out the Edelrid Treecore. It’s a great saddle, I very seriously considered one when I bought my newest saddle last year, but opted for a Petzl simply out of brand preference and minimalist design. https://www.gaparboristsupply.com/Edelrid-Treecore-Triple-Lock-Arborist-Saddle/item/880360232190

Brady Chapman

Seems like you really enjoy the work and have pep in your step, good to see bud. Other video is good too, only qualm is “trying to keep up” may not be the safest mindset...from the armchair.
"Trying to keep up" was just the caption I designated to add relevance to the scenario. If you are a climber who is self employed, and has 4 guys working under him, you always have an added responsibility to keep up. If you don't, you are not maximizing your profit margin. There is always a give and a take when it comes to balancing safety and production with what we do. You need to find the balance. Pushing yourself to achieve your highest level of efficiency/production while staying in the realm of your comfort zone of safe practices is healthy. That's how you increase your effectiveness as a tree man.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom