Isuzu NQR Chip Truck

Djbinding

Any thoughts on putting an Arbortech chip box on an Isuzu NQR cab and chassis? Concerned with the power and ability to handle 10 yds. of chips while pulling Brush Bandit 150XP. Previously owned the NRR 6 cylinder 90's Model with a 5 speed standard. That truck had plenty of power. They seem to have switched to all 4 cylinder automatics since. Models I'm looking at are 2015+.

Reach

I believe the truck will handle it, but it won’t go anywhere in a hurry. It may also be overweight with the bed and 10 yards of chips on, if I recall an NQR has a gvw of only 14k.

Reach

I've a 14 foot dump on mine 5.2l diesel tows on 18 xp around occasionally with a full load and impresses me. I'm mostly in the flatlands
That’s pretty impressive. The flatlands probably help, but that’s still pretty good. How does it do on hills? Around here “flat” is a word most people have never heard. At least, not where roads are concerned. Only thing you’ll find on a road here that’s flat is a tire, from all the potholes!

Treetopflyer

We don't have enough steep hills to really dawg her down too much.. if going highway speeds any hill chugs it down a few mph at least ..but overall that's the least of my worry, the other capability for my area make it a fantastic choice of truck if I dont say so myself lol.. Keeping the pads fresh on the fronts and the trailer brake Dailed in are most important ..shes a dragonfly car ol zusie drags up the hills and flies down them.

Fivepoints

We have a fuso fh,17,xxx gvwr truck, that we have used for years. It has a flatbed on it that we use to haul logs. We'll load it down with around 10k worth and tow our small equipment trailer with our sk650 on it. It has a 5.0 mits turbo diesel in it and it does pretty decent. Big hills its down to 35 to 40 Climbing with that load.

Djbinding

Looking into a Cab and Chassis from Ryder. Has 180,000 miles. had good luck with them before. They forward the 7 page maintenance sheet with the inquiry. They do a ridiculous amount of maintenace on their leases. Only thing that has me a bit concerned is the Regen system. Anybody have experience with Isuzu and the Regen/Def?

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom