ISO Chip Body

802climber

Participating member
Looking for a 9 to 11 foot chip body to go on a 2008 Dodge 4500 cab and chassis. Removable top and L-pack is preferred
Located in New England

Chris Schultz

Participating member
Reach has a local Amish shop that builds aluminum bodies and they do a very nice job. That is what I would do if I was trying to cobble one together. The body/boxes would last forever, especially in the salty northeast.
Curious how the Amish fabricate metal/s etc…..? Every metal shop I’ve been too uses a LOT of electricity and power tools.

Reach

Been here a while
Curious how the Amish fabricate metal/s etc…..? Every metal shop I’ve been too uses a LOT of electricity and power tools.
Most of the Amish shops have a large diesel power unit that runs an air compressor, a hydraulic pump, and a generator. These collectively power the shop, most of the power tools are hydraulic or air driven, welders are all electric, and there are are a lot of battery powered tools these days too.

Electricity is not forbidden, as long as it does not come from the public power grid, so many Amish houses are wired today too, running off a set of solar panels and a battery bank feeding an inverter.

Chris Schultz

Participating member
Interesting. I remember 20ish years ago, my boss at the time hired some Amish men to do the wood floors in his kitchen. They explained they couldn’t “own” the tools, but had very specific brands they preferred be rented. They liked Milwaukee.

Reach

Been here a while
One Amish shop I was in they used a big cylinder and a heavy weight to power their spray booth.
That’s a new one, but I don’t doubt it. There’s many different “levels” of Amish; some will not use anything powered in any way, not even a steam tractor or air nail gun. Others ride electric scooters that cruise at 40 while updating their status on Facebook on the way to work to sit in front of a computer and program software. (Yes, I actually know an Amish computer programmer!)

96coal449

Carpal tunnel level member
I have many an Amish neighbor. They have stabilized the land taxes in the county north of me.
They are all around my new homestead as well. They are a unique and proud folk. The quality in all they build and fabricate shows their pride.

One would do well in investing in Amish goods.
Truck bodies included.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom