Inventory Arborist

Jzack605

What's up guys,
I'm on track to taking an inventory arborist position at my current job, which will be in addition to my regular production work in plant healthcare and general tree work. Was wondering if there were any resident inventory arborists that would like to share their experience

Thanks!

Jzack605

ID trees on the given project, assessments, Evaluate health, value and create a long term plan. Not sure how common of a position it is.

samsquatch

like a silviculturist but in an urban setting? Change of pace, for sure. Depending on your mojo, that could be a good thing.
Sounds like a lot of working in spreadsheets, even if just the old pen & paper kind.
But I have no experience.

Jzack605

Yeah sounds about right. I’m definitely glad I am retaining my regular production work for sure.

Jzack605

Yeah that sounds right. Have only heard the title at other big name companies and municipalities.

cerviarborist

Very stable member
Bartlett Tree has at least a half dozen of those positions listed on Indeed right now. Arborists have been shouting "Plan-more/Plant-less" from the rooftops (or treetops) for years now. Perhaps the marketplace has finally begun to listen.