Insurance rider - employee vehicle.

Reach

True, but many commercial auto policies have it included already - if your policy includes “non-owned auto” coverage, you’re already covered.

Reactions: ATH

Merle Nelson

Huh, well wouldn't that be wonderful. The insurance company giving us a freebee.

It seems counter intuitive though. I have commercial insurance on my trucks and even though I'm the only driver they charge me more because I have an employee than they would if I did not. But now they are going to cover employee's personal car while they drive to a job? (Driving separately for Covid distancing.)

Rhetorical question, I don't care a lot - just a heads up in case it would cause someone issues.

Last edited:

Reach

Huh, well wouldn't that be wonderful. The insurance company giving us a freebee.

It seems counter intuitive though. I have commercial insurance on my trucks and even though I'm the only driver they charge me more because I have an employee than they would if I did not. But now they are going to cover employee's personal car while they drive to a job? (Driving separately for Covid distancing.)

Rhetorical question, I don't care a lot - just a heads up in case it would cause someone issues.
It does seem odd, but I was told by my agent that we are covered by that clause, that it’s included at no extra charge with our policy. Interesting you’re charged more with an employee, I’m not sure if we are or not, it’s been many years since I’ve been without employees.

Our policy is written for a company with 1-25 employees, and technically allows any properly licensed employee to drive any of our trucks, although they do like to know who the normal drivers are.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom