Inferno Splice?

Phil

Anybody ever splice Inferno by All Gear?

It's a polyester double braid but it has an inner core inside the core. Not sure if that would change anything about the class 1 dbl braid splice instructions from Samson. I would assume treat the inner inner core like the tachyon splice.

Any thoughts?

Brocky

I remember now, I thought maybe you snagged a part of a strand, easy to do.
To try the splice again, bend, stretch and compress the area were things came to a grinding halt. This may get the affected fibers back in place. Try to keep the wire fid in the middle while compressing the rope until your exit point.
Clean entry and exit between the strands is also important.
”There are no problems only solutions”

treesap

I remember now, I thought maybe you snagged a part of a strand, easy to do.
To try the splice again, bend, stretch and compress the area were things came to a grinding halt. This may get the affected fibers back in place. Try to keep the wire fid in the middle while compressing the rope until your exit point.
Clean entry and exit between the strands is also important.
”There are no problems only solutions”
when I get more 16 strand I might try again, the section I used was only 20ft long, now its about 15ft and I want it as a usable 2 in 1 lanyard

Brocky

Sounds like it’s a practice piece now, or can be used for adjustable friction saver, something like that.

Phil

Sounds like it’s a practice piece now, or can be used for adjustable friction saver, something like that.
I'm happy this thread got some advice going on 16 strand splices but I'm still looking for a solid opinion on the inferno rope splice haha. I see you thumbed up my initial post Brocky. Is it safe to assume you support my logic on the inner inner core strands? Based on your posting in the various threads on the splice forum, you have experience I would trust.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts
Top Bottom