If I were a tree, I’d be a...

oceans

Planetree. (...probably, maybe)

I have roots from another hemisphere, but I do pretty well here on the east coast, being rather adaptable and all.

I’m pretty big, and grew up fast, despite being a bit of a late bloomer. While I’m not usually up super early, most people have a hard time keeping up with me once I get going.

I really stand out in a crowd. Lots of people can recognize me from a distance.

I’m pretty strong, but not really heavy.

Some people think I’m rather handsome, and also interesting, but in fact, you have to really “get” me to spend a lot of time around me. Otherwise, I might irritate you even though I don’t mean to.

I have long limbs.

I also exfoliate from time to time, but my kids love to climb me.

I’ll be there for you. If genetics have anything say, I’ll probably live to be really old, but hopefully still cool.

evo

Ha! I never heard of that tree until your post. I looked it up, and most of the info is about it’s laxative properties when used medicinally.
My pops use to harvest it back in the late 30’s- early 40’s “chitembark” and sold it to the local drugstore. Ironically where our house is (been here just over a year) we have the highest population I’ve seen in a very long time. Actually a beautiful understory tree.

oceans

My pops use to harvest it back in the late 30’s- early 40’s “chitembark” and sold it to the local drugstore. Ironically where our house is (been here just over a year) we have the highest population I’ve seen in a very long time. Actually a beautiful understory tree.
Was your pops old school?

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts
Top Bottom