ID charts

treesap

Participating member
I cant find any good leaf or bark ID charts online, and the ones I do find dont have half the trees im looking for, any ideas for a good chart for my area? (South of knoxville TN)

Jehinten

Carpal tunnel level member
There's a few apps available that you can fill out a questionnaire per tree to determine the species. Also "picture this" is a camera app that will give you one free ID per day. More if you pay for the subscription.

treesap

Participating member
There's a few apps available that you can fill out a questionnaire per tree to determine the species. Also "picture this" is a camera app that will give you one free ID per day. More if you pay for the subscription.
I wish I had a phone, would make this a whole lot easier lol

Jehinten

Carpal tunnel level member
Im curious how well those apps work? Do you think they are relatively accurate ?
There's a number of options so I'm sure they vary by app. I forget which one I used to have but it would ask you about visual clues from the tree. Alternate branching? Shape of leaves? Texture of bark? Basically it was a flow chart and each answer narrowed the list of possibilities and pertinent questions until it reduced it to one. Of course the accuracy of this type of system greatly depends on the accuracy of the inputted data. Definitely some room for operator errors in that app.

GregManning

Super Moderator
Staff member
Winter Tree Finder
[/URL]

Tree Finder

I bought mine in 1993 for $2 each.
Don't underestimate these little guides !
It uses the "if this" then go to next; "if not this" then go to "other"; etc

Last edited:

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom