I place judgement on you EAB

Sgfinco

Rigging out an EAB infected green ash. Used a ring spliced into some 3 strand as a drifting redirect to move pieces laterally out to the sidewalk since the yard was very congested.

I get brushed with some tips at 3:55 or so which was my fault for setting the redirect a little short. It was just a light brush so no biggie.

Not shown is negative rigging the wood down to the main spar then we used our small knuckleboom crane to remove the last 30' of trunk wood

Sgfinco

@Sgfinco what am I missing on that drifting re direct? From the video it looks magical, but I can’t really see whats going on there.....
Built my terminal rigging point over the sidewalk and ran the main rigging line through the ring on ~80' of three strand.

This allowed the grcs to lift to a closer point over the garage then lowering the 3 strand with the portawrap allows a controlled drift out to the terminal rigging point.

Attachments

• PXL_20210224_010715773.jpg
    PXL_20210224_010715773.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 56
  • PXL_20210224_010640354.jpg
    PXL_20210224_010640354.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 45

Chris Schultz

Built my terminal rigging point over the sidewalk and ran the main rigging line through the ring on ~80' of three strand.

This allowed the grcs to lift to a closer point over the garage then lowering the 3 strand with the portawrap allows a controlled drift out to the terminal rigging point.
That shit was slicker than snot!

evo

Rigging out an EAB infected green ash. Used a ring spliced into some 3 strand as a drifting redirect to move pieces laterally out to the sidewalk since the yard was very congested.

I get brushed with some tips at 3:55 or so which was my fault for setting the redirect a little short. It was just a light brush so no biggie.

Not shown is negative rigging the wood down to the main spar then we used our small knuckleboom crane to remove the last 30' of trunk wood
What was the sound track?

Edit good job on the tree. Drift line or controlled speed line?

Tree-Taylor

What a cool setup. I'm glad this was explained in a little more detail. It should be noted that the angle from the terminal rigging point to the drifting redirect will create some nasty lateral forces. Not the end of the world if you keep your loads static and choose appropriate rigging points as these guys did. Nice and smooth!

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom