How to become certified in line clearance

Crazy_Jimmy

I noticed ACRT offers a program ,is there any other outlets to get certified. Also can in be done in house somehow ?

Crazy_Jimmy

Yeah we already took our our ehap class,cpr,first aid and the other requirements and got our EHAP certificates. But that honestly doesnt do anything towards becoming certified in line clearance.

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Administrator
Whose 'certification' are you trying to pass?

This is something that is often misunderstood about line clearance and EHAP. The certification stays with the paycheck not the paystub. The employer is the one who sets the standard for certification. Most times the requirements are the same no matter what the color of the shirts and trucks though.

Crazy_Jimmy

I think I can get it done thru ACRT , but yeah ehap is just basically how to identify electrical hazards and requires a few other things. I may get into some line clearance work so its a requirement. Most line clearance companies have in house certification programs in place , im not so im gonna start one. I think I have all the resources I need thru acrt,

Hammer

EHAP is what we use currently, I know when I worked for Bartlett they used the same thing. It is all that is required as far as getting you designated as a Qualified Line clearance tree trimmer/trainee.

Crazy_Jimmy

"EHAP must be used in combination with documented on-the-job skills training and verification to meet OSHA 1910.269 requirements." TCIA

Just curious how do you fulfill the other training requirements and verification to meet certification process.

treehumper

I took the EH training from ACRT through a previous employer it covers a lot of basic ground.

I see there is a Line Clearance Arborist Certification course. My only concern is the trainers lack of understanding of how electricity is conducted and a transformer works. Maybe I'm splitting hairs but it just blew me away when he answered a question and gave his explanation. He had no idea and it had me shaking my head.

joezilla11

There was talk of acrt opening another training location in Cali and updating their training manuals was also underway. If they are going thru those measures I'm sure it's worth a look.

[ QUOTE ]
I noticed ACRT offers a program ,is there any other outlets to get certified. Also can in be done in house somehow ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're looking to get "Qualified". Being "Certified" is generally construed as having an un-associated third party document your qualifications.

Annex B of ANSI Z133-2012 lays it all out for you. One can be had for $20. Less if you’re an ISA member.

If you’re decent with a computer, I'd wager you'd have a week invested when you have finished creating your training materials and sign-offs. Remember that with most training – if it isn’t documented, signed & dated - it never happened.

The toughest part of EHAP DIY is the Operational Safety Section. It might be fun to rubber stamp your ability around energized facilities but is that a true assessment? Most safety policies are written in the blood of others so the direction one goes depends upon how well one can stand the sight of it.

oceans

Qualified, not Certified...x2 according to my understanding.

Jimmy, it seems as though your company can use the EHAP along with in house Tail-Gate Meetings that are documented for verification.

Good on you for looking into this.

Crazy_Jimmy

I went to ACRT and got my line clearance certification, I have the ehap cert as well. It was worth as I got 40 ceus as well

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom