how about this one Rico?

dmonn

Participating member
I like watching guys that don't do everything perfectly the first time, since I often don't. I like seeing how they compensate for their mistakes.

Daniel

Branched out member
I'm not a production faller. So I don't mind spending the extra time to get a notch as good as needed for a given falling scenario. If that means whittling away for an extra couple of minutes on an awkward high-cut co-dom, I'm good with it.. WHEN ITS NEEDED. But cutting a Humboldt on this log was NOT NEEDED. Jake cuts Humboldts because he's not comfortable cutting a traditional or open face. In this case, that's a huge hindrance and ends up needlessly being a very inefficient and awkward cut. He also doesn't plunge cut, which is another big hole in his game. He wouldn't need to be fooling around asking for help judging the height of his back cut if he would simply plunge cut the start of the back cut. Or he could just start the cut up by the apex of the notch and work his way around.

I have to laugh thinking about how you would be going off on that video if it had been me fooling around with that cut as Jake did here.
That said I do admire Jake and have learned a few things from his videos. SO this thread is more about you than him!

evo

Been here a while
Well there you go, the owners of the site basically told you @Daniel to shut up and stick your head in the corner.

As for Jake and the crew with what is on video, they are certainly very capable at what they do. However the quality of work, and ego do leave quite a bit lacking. I still cannot get over the “ armillaria laminated” diagnosis as if it were the same thing, telling the client they have to remove all their fir trees... novice in my book.

evo

Been here a while
Well there you go, the owners of the site basically told you @Daniel to shut up and stick your head in the corner.

As for Jake and the crew with what is on video, they are certainly very capable at what they do. However the quality of work, and ego do leave quite a bit lacking. I still cannot get over the “ armillaria laminated” diagnosis as if it were the same thing, telling the client they have to remove all their fir trees... novice in my book.
I think I should add that maybe I saw what could look like armillaria but definitely it was brown cubical rot, so likely sherwnzii (however you spell dudes name in Latin) aka cow pie fungi

evo

Been here a while
Fay-o-lus sh-why-nits-e-i, eye bee-leev.
It’s s freakin dead language, I can pronounce it however I like, I don’t have the same excuse with English (or do I?). However, I always make auto correct cry...
In their defense i think I might have gotten a small glimpse of a Mycelial fan... brown cubits definite without question. Still want to know more about this laminated armillaria. Sounds like you can get high from it...

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom