Homemade gaff guards

I'd like to see what y'all got for gaff guards! I dislike taking my gaffs on and off going from climb to climb, but dislike dull spikes and gaffing my own legs even more!!!

Jonny

Just a little bit of garden hose jammed on the spike. All I want is protection for my bag and other gear in the bag from getting stabbed.

Old drip line for guards .. I tip toe from tree to tree walking all bow legged with my spurs on to avoid sinking them in to something not tree like. Only put the covers on for storage..if I'm talking a long walk I'll just take spurs off, instead of walking around like an ol cowboy with too many hours in the saddle.
That's what I do now. I'm rarely working in yards atm so walking through the woods in the snow like that for very long isn't effective. It only takes 30 seconds or so to take them off and put them on, just seems like an eternity. Lol

LordFarkwad

How robust is that carbon fiber to walking around? On soft ground, I'm sure it's fine, but I'm talking about, if you take those bad boys on a gravel driveway, are there going to be splintering bits of carbon where sharp-edged things dig into the stirrups?

Reach

How robust is that carbon fiber to walking around? On soft ground, I'm sure it's fine, but I'm talking about, if you take those bad boys on a gravel driveway, are there going to be splintering bits of carbon where sharp-edged things dig into the stirrups?
It seems to hold up well enough, the rubber pad on the bottom of the stirrup helps. Mine have held up great so far, but I’ve only had them six months. I’ve got two friends who’ve climbed on carbon fiber Kiwis and Geckos for years, and neither has had a problem that I’m aware of.

Crimsonking