Hey guys, curious on your thoughts on some of the new gear we have coming out this year?

Buck

We are trying to get as much feedback as possible prior to releasing this stuff so I figured I would share it on here and see if I could get some feedback. Anything is much appreciated as we want to make sure we release the best possible products for you guys. Take a look at the link below and let me know if you have any feedback or questions. Again, just posting this for some feedback and non of these products are available yet. Also i wanted to let you guys know that i am available on here if you have any questions regarding Buckingham products (just shoot me a message and i will do my best to answer any questions you have).

New Products coming 2021

Last edited:

Christrees

We are trying to get as much feedback as possible prior to releasing this stuff so I figured I would share it on here and see if I could get some feedback. Anything is much appreciated as we want to make sure we release the best possible products for you guys. Take a look at the link below and let me know if you have any feedback or questions. Again, just posting this for some feedback and non of these products are available yet. Also i wanted to let you guys know that i am available on here if you have any questions regarding Buckingham products (just shoot me a message and i will do my best to answer any questions you have).

New Products coming 2021
The supersaver does looks amazing..another game changer. Hopefully it will be in the right price range. Affordable to all. And for the saddle. All new age saddles. Have 2 big problems. Well for me anyway. Because of my waist i fall in the middle of small and medium. So either the sizing should over lap a few inches. Or be 1 size fits all. And the other is durability/resilience. Sure a light saddle is nice. But how long do these saddles last with the materials there made from. Me personally if im spending $700 on a saddle i want it to last a long time. And i feel it wont last half the time i want it to. My boss has an old weaver saddle thats probably 20 years old has a hell of alot of hours in it. And still could last another 20 with a little tlc put into it. Now thats a saddle in my opinion. Sure there not as comfortable as the new ones. But they last. You get your moneys worth for sure. That was the first saddle i used. Just recently bought my own saddle. A treemotion evo. A cutting edge saddle that i love already but i know it wont last anywhere near as long as an old school saddle. Without spending an arm an leg to regularly maintain it. For me thats what i wish you guys would keep in mind when making a new saddle.

Buck

The supersaver does looks amazing..another game changer. Hopefully it will be in the right price range. Affordable to all. And for the saddle. All new age saddles. Have 2 big problems. Well for me anyway. Because of my waist i fall in the middle of small and medium. So either the sizing should over lap a few inches. Or be 1 size fits all. And the other is durability/resilience. Sure a light saddle is nice. But how long do these saddles last with the materials there made from. Me personally if im spending $700 on a saddle i want it to last a long time. And i feel it wont last half the time i want it to. My boss has an old weaver saddle thats probably 20 years old has a hell of alot of hours in it. And still could last another 20 with a little tlc put into it. Now thats a saddle in my opinion. Sure there not as comfortable as the new ones. But they last. You get your moneys worth for sure. That was the first saddle i used. Just recently bought my own saddle. A treemotion evo. A cutting edge saddle that i love already but i know it wont last anywhere near as long as an old school saddle. Without spending an arm an leg to regularly maintain it. For me thats what i wish you guys

Phil

We have a educational video in the works and it will be coming when the product is released.
I'll hold my judgement until I see the video but right now it looks like a rigging plate with a different shape. But maybe that's what sets it apart from the others. I can see something like this getting used in ways you as the manufacturer never considered haha. I say that as a positive. Tree folks have a way taking a brand new bit of kit, turning it side ways, scratching their head while squinting at it, then mumbling something like, "that oughta work like that".

What I really want to see on the market is a rigging plate carabiner/snap combo like this, but with the dbl auto locking gate and hole big enough to get a quickie link through it:

You folks make that, and I'll add Buckingham Manufacturing to my Christmas card list.

Steve Connally

Do you have a pic of the Supersaver being used as a Flintlocker. The flintlocker is quite different but I'd like to see how you adapt the Supersaver to the concept. The gear bag looks very nice. If it holds up it provides a nice option to the other Gear Bags similar in style.

SeanRuel

The friction saver looks dumb imo, nothing new. The bag and saddle look nice though. I'd love to try any of the things you posted though

• Haha
Reactions: evo

Winchman

The Flint Locker looks like a spiffy piece of gear, but after looking at it for a minute I decided I could do the same thing with an alpine butterfly and a sturdy carabiner like a Petzl Oxan that would take the potential side loading in stride.

An alternative would be to make the bight of the butterfly long enough to go through a ring and double back to make a girth hitch. That would eliminate side loading, but use a little more rope.

Am I missing something?

The Supersaver looks confusing, but I can see lots of potential uses. Having so many options might get you into trouble, though.

I used a Buckingham friction saver a lot when I started out, but haven't used it in over a year now. It took too much time to install, and it got stuck in the tree several times when I tried to retrieve it.

Last edited:

TreeVB

I’m not too “gear horny” these days, but also interested in a video of supersaver when that’s available. That bag is something I would probably buy and looks convenient. That chest harness,IMO, looks WAY over the top. I like to bring as little weight/restriction in the tree as possible and that looks to have too much going on. Thanks for sharing this stuff!

Reactions: evo

Jonny

I’ve always liked Buckingham saddles. Hard for me to tell from my phone; is there real lower Ds/ lower rigging plates to use a positioning lanyard with, besides the usual hip Ds?

kludge

I’ve always liked Buckingham saddles. Hard for me to tell from my phone; is there real lower Ds/ lower rigging plates to use a positioning lanyard with, besides the usual hip Ds?
I don’t think it is designed with rig in plates. But it does look like it has fixed webbing loops to serve that purpose.
A64B5CB6-2AC6-42D7-806F-BB41A868F634.jpeg

laddo

New Products coming 2021

Supersaver looks sic and that bag with the garage looks awesome too!!
Website has a little much going on tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

climbstihl

Supersaver is definitely very cool. Gear bag looks pretty good as well, can't say if it's better than Courant or Notch Access from just the pictures though. I would never buy that saddle, too many things going on in the front, but bringing any capabilities to the table that make it worth it. That's just IMO. I do really like that the buckles for the leg loops are on the inside of the thigh though.

Buck

Do you have a pic of the Supersaver being used as a Flintlocker. The flintlocker is quite different but I'd like to see how you adapt the Supersaver to the concept. The gear bag looks very nice. If it holds up it provides a nice option to the other Gear Bags similar in style.
The SuperSaver can be separated into different components allowing for a FlintLocker setup. As for the bag, it for sure holds up.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom