Here's a white oak removal from a few weeks ago

Alcoley

Great video as always brother. I hate climbing tired like that. It leaves room for mistakes. By the way.... I haven't met an oak yet that won't barberchair. They hinge great but they will kiss your chin if they get the chance. Lol. Climb safe!!!

rico

Thanks... Always looking for good spurs boots, and I have heard good reports on the scafell lites....

owScott

So i usually find it faster and easier to just cut double firewood lengths and bomb it to the base, of course i discuss that with the customer 1 st. Done right you can usually tear up a small square. That yard looked like that would have been fine. Negative rigging is last resort for me. The pay off is alot more cutting but i think moving the rigging each time is more time consuming and tiring. Maybe it was discussed and thats what the customer wanted I will always at least ask. So what do you fellas prefer? neg rig big pieces less cuts or more cuts no rigging?

Jemco

I'm mighty fond of buildin landin pads outta brush n chunkin down onto it.

One of my more outlandish ideas is usin a stuntman airbag with Kevlar cover for precision bombing.

Closest I've come's a four foot high stack of truck tires to protect a concrete courtyard on a military base, it worked, but was a real pita.

Negative riggin gets real hairy at four foot plus diameters, and vertical quartering's the usual solution.

Tyin off a fat quarter's pretty futile. But drillin n lagging's something I'm keen to try, startin with a speedline.

Jemco

owScott

I'm mighty fond of buildin landin pads outta brush n chunkin down onto it.

One of my more outlandish ideas is usin a stuntman airbag with Kevlar cover for precision bombing.

Closest I've come's a four foot high stack of truck tires to protect a concrete courtyard on a military base, it worked, but was a real pita.

Negative riggin gets real hairy at four foot plus diameters, and vertical quartering's the usual solution.

Tyin off a fat quarter's pretty futile. But drillin n lagging's something I'm keen to try, startin with a speedline.

Jemco
For smaller wood i like horse corral mats. For bigger wood dirt is best because it doesnt bounce. Neg rigging only when important things are at base. At some point you run out of height and have to dump something. On most big removals most people will except some ground damage near the base.

Travor

So i usually find it faster and easier to just cut double firewood lengths and bomb it to the base, of course i discuss that with the customer 1 st. Done right you can usually tear up a small square. That yard looked like that would have been fine. Negative rigging is last resort for me. The pay off is alot more cutting but i think moving the rigging each time is more time consuming and tiring. Maybe it was discussed and thats what the customer wanted I will always at least ask. So what do you fellas prefer? neg rig big pieces less cuts or more cuts no rigging?

The whole backyard with a hill going towards the customer's house.

owScott

Looked flat from the video, but i wasnt there and video can be deceiving. A decision to prevent damage is always a good decesion.

Jemco

Dreaming of doing it.

But convinced it would work with a thick enuff Kevlar cover.

There's a dude in Japan that did an old Buddhist temple tree, with a trunk far too fat to negatively rig, and he too utilized a stack of truck tire to push quarters off onto to keep from damaging the cobblestone courtyard.

That's when the stunt man's airbag idea lodged in my brain.

Someday.......you'll see........

Jemco

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom