Hammock Recommendation

Zebco Kid

Hello,

I’m looking at a ENO single nest or double nest for a little recreational climbing r&r in the canopy. Any preferences I should consider?

Thank you.

Njdelaney

Branched out member
Hello,

I’m looking at a ENO single nest or double nest for a little recreational climbing r&r in the canopy. Any preferences I should consider?

Thank you.
Get the double. If you have a kid they can be in there with you comfortably. It doesn't really accommodate 2 adults. Also, if you need to cover up for a brief rain or want a big sleeping bag in there the double has enough extra material that you can fold yourself up in it like a cocoon short term. I would add that if you're going to be sleeping up high then invest in a minimalist harness like the New Tribe Tengu or a rock climbing harness. Something without alot of metal and bulk because you'll need to be able to lie down and/or sleep in it while in the hammock so you don't wake up falling out of a tree.

Zebco Kid

Get the double. If you have a kid they can be in there with you comfortably. It doesn't really accommodate 2 adults. Also, if you need to cover up for a brief rain or want a big sleeping bag in there the double has enough extra material that you can fold yourself up in it like a cocoon short term. I would add that if you're going to be sleeping up high then invest in a minimalist harness like the New Tribe Tengu or a rock climbing harness. Something without alot of metal and bulk because you'll need to be able to lie down and/or sleep in it while in the hammock so you don't wake up falling out of a tree.
Perfect. I took your advice...and purchased an ENO Double. A climbing friend added this piece of advice, "Pro tip: don’t buy a hammock that will shine like a beacon when ninja climbing." With that, I purchased navy blue as opposed to the fun pattern I really wanted. Yay/boo!

Thanks again, Njdelaney.

climbstihl

Branched out member
Too late now, but the Kammok Roo diuble is a much better hammock than the Eno in my Opinion. I believe it's cheaper too. But is has a super nice fabric, gear loops, comes with carabiners and dyneema slings.

climbstihl

Branched out member
Climbstihl,

Not too late. I changed my order. Thank you for the recommendation.

ZK
You won't be disappointed. What's the going price right now? I bought mine in 2019, when I was in the states the last time. I believe I paid $44. Sadly, they're not available in Europe.

Zebco Kid

Hello Climbstihl,

Thank you. I was able to secure free shipping, but prices have gone up. Looks like you got a screaming deal!

ROO DOUBLE
Pine Green ×1
$79.00

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom