Half Hitches

TheTreeSpyder

Participating member
Basic Halfs

This .swf on Basic Half Hitch forms presents a number of lacings, animated, fades, text etc. yet is under 40k. 40k size is about what one might see on a single knot pic.

i always envisioned this in a book form, like animation on left page, and text on right facing page:
Book Form: Lines of Force

Tying wise, i think this medium allows to easier show similari-ties between lacings. This can make a 'family' of knots easier to remember. If there are 5 destinations in a neighboring city, one wouldn't define each as a separate trip, but rather perhaps direct to town square facing specific direction,and go 3 blocks to coffee shop, take a left and go 4 blocks to library, go back to town center and take right instead to go to food store etc. i think. Also, can see subtle differences,and associate the changes in properties gained/lost etc. for deeper understandings IMLHO.

SingleJack

Participating member
Great to see you around again TreeSpyder!!! ... learned a lot from you over the years ... THANKS!
beerchug.gif

chris_girard

Participating member
Kenny this is so awesome! Many thanks for putting it together.

The half hitch really is a neat, little knot to know all it's in's and out's.

REALLY glad to see you back. It's been a few years. Don't be a stranger, we love to have you here.

TheTreeSpyder

Participating member
Thanx, guys.

1 of first pics in book is for ABoK 1669; that i think shows an important concept that i've used in many things to "Bull the Nose", to make a 'stronger'/ maintain more line strength hitch for Timber, Cow, Sling, Noose to Double Noose etc.

Please note though, can only take a Turn, not a Round Turn around spar before "Bulling" the nose, or the 'strengthening' effect is about lost. The Round turn seems to add more frictions, that then reduce the line tension that is taking a Round Turn around Standing Part. It seems to need this line tension preserved, to then 'fortify' / stabilize the deformity of the Standing, that any Turn gives when applied to Standing Part(that reduces loading capacity).

Orrrrrr sumeting like that!
propeller.gif

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom