GRCS Rental

ROYCE

Anyone close to Brattleboro VT or Keene NH that has a grcs they are willing to rent me for a few days. I already have one, but have a stone dead pine tree I want to try and rig down into two other trees. I want 2 grcs's to pull the tree one way and then support the weight of the tree. No way to get any equipment to this tree.

deevo

I'd lend you one of mine Royce but the shipping will kill ya! Seriously if I was closer I would !

Nish

Trees too big, I want the security of at least 2 GRCS's
For this type of rigging (supporting tree weight, with minimal shock loading), how much weight are folks willing to put on the GRCS winch? I suspect a lot more than its printed SWL of 2,000 lbs. The Stein RCW-3001 has a SWL of 3000 kg, but there's a fearful moment of removing wraps to take up slack. I know the GRCS is easier to use, but which is more trustworthy for this kind of rigging?

treehumper

We have one in North Jersey. I'm sure we could work something out. Just getting it there. Where in Vermont?

ward

For this type of rigging (supporting tree weight, with minimal shock loading), how much weight are folks willing to put on the GRCS winch? I suspect a lot more than its printed SWL of 2,000 lbs. The Stein RCW-3001 has a SWL of 3000 kg, but there's a fearful moment of removing wraps to take up slack. I know the GRCS is easier to use, but which is more trustworthy for this kind of rigging?
I think the GRCS is rated for 3/4" rigging lines. These would have a wll of around 2,000 lbs or so, right? You might run a sheathed dyneema to get it higher. I seem to recall Mr. Good telling me that he'd had the GRCS tested to breaking. If I recall correctly, it failed at like 44,000 lbs or so. So, there you have it, I think. There's also a side by side comparison of the Hobbs vs. the GRCS in the famous Volvo video that Frans Smith took part in. Its floating around there somewhere on the interwebs.

livefreeordie

Royce we have a grcs and a Hobbs at the shop in Peterborough that we could probably rent out. I will need to discuss it with my boss but the Hobbs had never been out of the shop since I've worked there... Hit me up here or on Instagram @six.zero.three and maybe we can work out a deal

ROYCE

Royce we have a grcs and a Hobbs at the shop in Peterborough that we could probably rent out. I will need to discuss it with my boss but the Hobbs had never been out of the shop since I've worked there... Hit me up here or on Instagram @six.zero.three and maybe we can work out a deal
Thank you my good man. I will hit you up if we end up needing it. If your ever short one yourself, or need anything else feel free to ask. I wish I could of sold you that log trailer we had. You would of loved it!!

Jasonk

Royce, just saw this. If you still need one grab mine when you are down this way. We probably only use it once a week or so.....If you wanna call or text its 413-210-9969