GRCS question

BooRad

Received my GRCS and was putting together and watching video today, looking to bring her out tomorrow.
The latch that locks strap and frame in place has no spring mechanism??! This cannot be correct? Video has no mention and GRCS website has no parts diagram up yet (says coming soon).

I'll call GAP tomorrow unless anyone says this is correct or I am supposed to install something, tore boxes apart do not see any small springs.

The ole Hobbs gets another go tomorrow!!!

Thanks all!
Steve-M

Attachments

Reach

Received my GRCS and was putting together and watching video today, looking to bring her out tomorrow.
The latch that locks strap and frame in place has no spring mechanism??! This cannot be correct? Video has no mention and GRCS website has no parts diagram up yet (says coming soon).

I'll call GAP tomorrow unless anyone says this is correct or I am supposed to install something, tore boxes apart do not see any small springs.

The ole Hobbs gets another go tomorrow!!!

Thanks all!
Steve-M
I believe it is simply a strap winch built for trucks, which do not have springs. Crank it tight and the pressure of the strap will hold it in place. As long as there is tension on the strap, it cannot unlatch. If the strap goes slack, you have bigger problems than it just coming loose!

BooRad

Thanks for responding Reach and Evo. I figured once locked in, the tension would hold, just seems like a spring would help with the setup as you mentioned Evo.

Thanks again, looks like I'm bringing her out. Been telling the guys I have a nice update, Hobbs is 10 years plus, 15 I think.

Didn't go with drill bit yet, have completed M18 setup, might grab bit after some use here.

Jonny

Does the Hobbs not have the same strap and ratchet mechanism? I’ve never used a Hobbs, but looks damn tough.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom