Ginkgo stinko!

PHCMindy

has anyone out there ever used florel to eliminate the fruit on a ginkgo? Has it worked for you?

I have used it successfully on pears and crabs, but never tried a ginkgo!

flyingsquirrel25

Our IPM department used it on a young tree for the past two years. The first year we thought we had the chemical cure for the nasty tree. This last year they missed the spray window by a couple days and it was basically a waste of time and chemical. The stinkos were in full force. It is fairly difficult getting the chemical out at the right time because of how small the flowers are.

easyphloem

What about Snipper for Ginkgos? I have a client that we started Snipper treatments on a 30" DBH Ginkgo last spring. I haven't checked back with them yet to see if there was a reduction in fruit this year, but they agreed to try Snipper for three years before judging its efficacy.

SZ

i've had some success with using Atrimmec PGR for nuissance fruit applications. I like it better than florel because it has a bigger window for application as well as can be applied as a trunk spray reducing the need for an overhead spray application. I haven't used it on ginkos, but have had success preventing cotton on cottonwood trees and crabapples.
its worth a try...

here a link to the product page
http://www.pbigordon.com/professional/page.php?ID_PRODUCTS=662

Sp. virginiana

I see this thread is a few years old, but I have a customer who is looking to have a gingko sprayed to eliminate fruiting. Sounds like the tree is very large, so I'm thinking that a systemic like Snipper would be easier and work better. Has anyone tried this? Have any success or failure stories?