Getting a new website, need help on content!

Tree Cutter Chris

Hey all,

My business has grown enough that I've realized my limits, so I hired a professional marketing team to create a new website for me, mailers, radio ads, etc. They need some verbage on what SRS/SRT is and I'm having trouble putting into words what SRS is and the benefits of it. I want to emphasize the technicality of installing the rope into the tree, moving around in the canopy, creating rigging systems and managing tremendous physical forces, mitigating against risk, the benefit of not having heavy equipment on lawns, wearing PPE, etc.

If any of you have updated your website with some awesome details on the benefits of climbing, or just have cool new websites about arboriculture in general, I'd love to see them if you're willing to share. I'm just having trouble making it a well worded "ad" for our website that we can climb, as 95% of companies in my area are either "bucket or fuggit" or use spider lifts.

Any other general advice on building a website or content is greatly appreciated. Hope the season is going well for you all.

Regards,

Chris

ATH

You got it right there.

75% of customers don't care of you SRT, MRT, or climb with no rope. Of the remaining 25%, 99% of them only care that you are safe with a rope - the details don't matter.

(73% of statistics posted on the internet are made up on the spot)

I'd just go with something like "We are able to access your trees with professional climbers using modern methods and equipment. Everything we do and use is in accordance with the Z133 ANSI Standards (it is...right? -don't say that if it is not...), so you can be assured that we care about safety and protecting your property whole caring for your trees."

Reach

You may also emphasize your ability to handle limited access trees, and your “low-impact tree care, which enables us to safely and efficiently remove your tree without causing excessive damage to your property.”

We recently, last week actually, had a new website go live. You’re welcome to look at it for some inspiration if you would like, another option is to join TCIA. They have a whole page set up to give you inspiration for blog posts, website content, and such like.

Jonny

You can put a couple hundred words or a couple hundred thousand words into your website... I’m thinking SRS/SRT is too industry specific for a home page that the average client will see, but if you wanted to have a link to some techniques, it might be interesting to some folks.
I don’t know if wearing spurs for pruning is still common in your area, but that might be worthy of a homepage or radio ad.

You can always make changes to the site later on too if you think you’ve made it too basic or too complicated.

ATH

I don’t know if wearing spurs for pruning is still common in your area, but that might be worthy of a homepage or radio ad.

You can always make changes to the site later on too if you think you’ve made it too basic or too complicated.
Good idea about highlighting "we care for your trees so we don't harm them by wearing spikes when pruning."

Depending on how the site is designed, it may be difficult or costly to update or change - that is something you should ask when selecting someone to build the site "can I easily make simple changes without calling you?" If they won't design in a way that allows you to do that, they are likely more interested in taking your money than giving you a good site...

RonAD

It is difficult to create the perfect website in one shot.

A number of years ago, we moved my website to a Wordpress platform and it was a great move. Of course, I'm a nerd and I enjoy logging on and adding content regularly. We don't deal with the same subjects you do but the principles are the same. I look at other websites often, not to copy or steal content but for ideas. I do link to literally hundreds of websites on my resources pages.

Every time I am working on a quote or consultation report and I realize something is not included on my website, I add it. With Wordpress, even a non-techy like me can handle it and it can be done in minutes. No submitting content to a developer every time I want to add something. That is way too cumbersome.

You are welcome to look at my website for ideas on this approach: http://arbordoctor.com/ . It's not going to help you with the wording you are looking for but hopefully it will give you ideas. The one thing I always wanted to avoid was a website which was stagnant or stale. I once looked at another arborist's website which featured the "Tree Of The Week" and that was 10 years old! Don't do that.

I hope that helps.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom