Funny job offer today!!

Alcoley

I was in the top of a maple this morning and a bigger company guy pulled in and offered me a gallery job clear cutting for a pipeline contract. Said I could have all the hours I wanted. I asked about the money and he said $10.50 per hour. I laughed and told him to get off my jobsite. What's the going rate for this kind of work?

Well, at least he was there in person! A couple of years ago things were so bad in the oilpatch here in Western Canada that if you had a profile in Indeed or on Facebook, you could be sure of getting phone calls where a heavily accented Indian or Pakistani voice would begin to say you were just what they were looking for and they could offer you a job for sure, if you could just buy a share of the company you'd be working for by giving them, say $35 to $40K to buy in! Scams are still flying thick and fast. Caveat emptor. The RCMP/ FBI commercial crime units are a real growth industry these days . . . .

Alcoley

I've clear cut and logged. Only a dope Fein would work for that price. Hell, I could work for asphundt and make more than that. Half the work and a lot more breaks. Lol

moss

I've clear cut and logged. Only a dope Fein would work for that price. Hell, I could work for asphundt and make more than that. Half the work and a lot more breaks. Lol

The sad thing is this person thinks you didn't realize you'd get the crap hourly rate and he'd get the majority of the contract $ off your back. He's looking for that perfectly desperate climber with substance abuse problems. You can't get your lawn mowed by a teenager for that money.
-AJ

JeffGu

Something we learned from the old timey railroad bums and derelicts of the back alleys. For large gatherings, we just burn used motor oil in a 55 gallon drum, and cook in a rusty coffee can suspended from a piece of rebar.

Not for you smart phone and Cabela's catalog types.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom