Fu*%face Von Clownstick

Dan Cobb

Branched out member
I think the 2016 choice of either Hillary or Trump overshadowed education, bigotry and gullibility.

I am still amazed that with an average presidential approval rating of 41%, anyone thought Trump would win in 2020. He should be proud to have gotten almost 47% of the popular vote.

dsptech

Branched out member
The thing then was Trump promised everything under the sun that every democrat and blue color worker wanted and all on day one.
The gullibility of the uninformed of how our current democracy works is that they believed he could do all that.
No president can get all that done in ten presidencies.
Even Richard Trumka fell for it and brought his union along.
Trump did not fulfill a single promise that was made to the middle class nor did he ever intend to.
He gave the illusion that he did "more than any other president in history" but didn't do shit.
All he did was through executive orders and not through legislation with one exception for the Trillions of dollars tax cut for the 1%.
He did roll back environmental protections on day one though, I'll give him that. :mad:
By that time politics became akin to professional sports.
Our side vs your side, voting for the party that benefits you and yours became a thing of the past for these people.
The daily onslaught of fear, anger, and conspiracies from bullshit fake news outlets on tv and online that feed into it is what keeps these die hards with him in addition to influence from their ignorant peers.

Hosocat

I just have one request of those who are supporting the cheater and puppet in the oval office. In five years, when yours and other blue collar wages have stagnated or decreased due to massive flooding of illegal aliens willing to work cheap, and you have come to realize the hell on earth your children are inheriting, and you ask yourself who is responsible for it all. Please look in the mirror.

Birdyman88

Branched out member
I just have one request of those who are supporting the cheater and puppet in the oval office. In five years, when yours and other blue collar wages have stagnated or decreased due to massive flooding of illegal aliens willing to work cheap, and you have come to realize the hell on earth your children are inheriting, and you ask yourself who is responsible for it all. Please look in the mirror.
I looked in the mirror, and I saw a company called Howard Industries from Laurel Missisissippi. One of the largest ICE raids in the country took place there a few years ago. I actually interviewed with them back in the day and they didn't want to pay anything. I would be willing to bet their god-fearing conservative asses were major Trump supporters.

But wait, there were even more ICE raids at Mississippi food processing plants. I thought y'all were super conservative and totally against hiring illegal aliens. Man, I'm confused.

Hosocat

I should know better than to get into a political discussion in a forum i enjoy with people i like, but, im kind of stupid that way, cuz i keep doing it. And i hate typing lengthy posts, cuz im on a tablet. Im just a little puzzled about the immense orange man hatred i keep seeing here. Trump would have been the best thing blue collar workers have seen in this country for the past 40 years. Now, blue collar is back on the track to sheepledom. You will do what the elites want, for the pay they will give you, and you will behave. Or you will be punished. "You will own nothing, but you will be happy". It is not a dem/rep thing. Like trump said, it is a global elitist, one world order, deep state thing. You have owners, like george carlin said. Ask yourself why a pickup truck, which i remember in the 1970s and 80s could be purchased for less than the price of a typical 4 door sedan, now costs twice the price of a 4 door sedan. Because you are just a working stiff, and your class should be taking the bus. Your life is controlled by the deep state, unconstitutional regulators in ways you do not even realize. Trump was fighting that. Those who voted for biden may very well have signed the death warrant for the usa. We will see.

Birdyman88

Branched out member
I should know better than to get into a political discussion in a forum i enjoy with people i like, but, im kind of stupid that way, cuz i keep doing it. And i hate typing lengthy posts, cuz im on a tablet. Im just a little puzzled about the immense orange man hatred i keep seeing here. Trump would have been the best thing blue collar workers have seen in this country for the past 40 years. Now, blue collar is back on the track to sheepledom. You will do what the elites want, for the pay they will give you, and you will behave. Or you will be punished. "You will own nothing, but you will be happy". It is not a dem/rep thing. Like trump said, it is a global elitist, one world order, deep state thing. You have owners, like george carlin said. Ask yourself why a pickup truck, which i remember in the 1970s and 80s could be purchased for less than the price of a typical 4 door sedan, now costs twice the price of a 4 door sedan. Because you are just a working stiff, and your class should be taking the bus. Your life is controlled by the deep state, unconstitutional regulators in ways you do not even realize. Trump was fighting that. Those who voted for biden may very well have signed the death warrant for the usa. We will see.
I know. I wanted to like the guy way back, but unfortunately I've seen too many politicians pull the wool over our eyes for too long, and this particular guy had already established a long history of screwing people over. But, he was also a master at propaganda, so he got people to bite. To be clear, I don't like any politician very much, and I made no special exception for him.

As far as illegal immigration, here's what I'll say. This country was built by wealthy people on slaves and cheap labor in the beginning. Once workers started organizing, and god forbid the liberals fought to free the slaves, the wealthy had to give up some of their potential income to keep workers in their factories. So, if anyone thinks that the wealthy wouldn't love to get their cheap labor back, then they're off their rocker. The wealthy LOVE immigrants who work for nothing in their factories, always have. They have no allegiance to me or you, or at least not much. The whole immigration war is a ruse to get voters and gain power. If it has any real purpose, it is ensure that the illegals become "legal" so that the powers that be can maintain some sort of accounting and control of that population. Worst case, it is to ensure the cheap labor stays in the minority as the last thing they want is the equivalent of a slave revolt - because, once again, there goes you're cheap labor. No offense, but the problem I have with the Trump followers is that they are letting their adoration of the man keep them from seeing the big picture. Which is, we're all getting used, and that may be some really sinister shit brewing up high.

Burrapeg

Been here a while
By 'Elites' I think Hosocat is referring to anyone who has a decent education and watches media other than Fox. Now, how exactly was Trump fighting anything but the democratic process? He gave a shite about blue collar? Give me a break. He was born with a gold spoon up his arse, was on his third trophy wife, and cared about one thing - power and his own massive but fragile ego. When it came to tax cuts, the rich got them. When it came to giving a damn about his own supporters' health at his rallies, he played down the Covid and joked about it, ridiculing masks and distancing. And the illegal aliens coming in is not exactly a new problem. It did not magically start the day Biden took office. There were whole youTube videos of them climbing over Trump's stupid wall, which cost untold millions that could have been better spent on Covid, cancer research, just about anything else. And the Afghanistan pullout that everyone is crucifying Biden over; how quickly the right wants to forget that it was Trump and Pompeo who set it up. How would Trump have handled it any less messy, if as well? One thing Trump is amazingly successful at - conning people and grabbing attention. He is clearly a has-been and we are still talking about the arsehole. Finally the ridiculous point about a pickup truck costing so much. Maybe if they had stayed just a pickup truck, they would still be affordable. But, no, they have to have thousands of dollars worth of chrome trim, fancy stereo systems, electric everything, all the goodies any luxury car has. And of course they need to be bigger and louder than anyone else's pickup truck. Sure, I bought a brand new Chevy 3/4 ton in 1976 for only $4300. It had an AM radio, a big stick shift manual transmission, a modest 350 V-8, a plain bench seat, and that was about it. It was the real thing, not a big shiny, comfy circus wagon.

Hosocat

Ok then. Just remember to tell yourself in five years when youre looking in that mirror that it didnt have to happen. You were given a chance.

Burrapeg

Been here a while
Ok then. Just remember to tell yourself in five years when youre looking in that mirror that it didnt have to happen. You were given a chance.
I can totally agree with you that most of this does not have to be happening. But none of it is specifically Biden's or the Democtats' faults. Trump and the self-serving GOP were not helping at all, even making it all worse. Trump was one of the most divisive presidents the country has ever had. He made no attempt to unify the nation to address real problems. His whole focus was, and still is, on criticizing or sabotaging opponents, stoking his own ego, and saying whatever it took to inflame his loyal base and encourage bigotry and white supremacy. He regularly insulted our allies while at the same time shamelessly kissing up to Putin. He was caught in countless lies, on a daily basis. He lost re-election because swing voters, not his loyal fanatic base, are the ones who decide these close elections and he lost the support of many millions of swing voters who were disappointed in his performance and who did not vote for him a second time. And of course his inflated and delicate ego simply could not admit he was at fault. He began to float the threat of voter fraud many months before the election ever happened because he foresaw his support falling. There has never been any evidence of serious, wide-spread voter fraud in any modern election here; and even when it happens on a small scale, it happens from both camps not just from Democrats, and largely cancels out any effect on overall results. The only big fraud we witnessed was from Trump and his lackies trying to undermine our democratic process and turn over a legitimate election. All of this BS we had to listen to every damn day in the news for four years is his only real legacy as president, that and hundreds of thousands of unneccesary deaths from Covid that could have been avoided if he had actually given a damn and acted sooner, as well as thousands of small business bankrupsies from his stupid tariffs.

Birdyman88

Branched out member
I hate to break it to you, but I'm not a regretting type person. I will never look in the mirror and admit anything. I learned a long time ago to trust my instincts and education and if I do, I usually come out on top. I doubt I will ever regret anything, except letting my oldest girl drop out of golf when she was 16.

evo

Been here a while
Both Biden and Trump are shit. Real pieces of crap.
Now talking about illegal’s, shit at this point our industry needs any warm blooded bodies. I just had a 21 year ole kid with NO experience turn down a groundie job… why? He wants 25-27 per hour and full bennies.
We are entering crisis mode that Tump helped create, and Biden is just sweeping it under the rug. Nuttin to see here folks

VenasNursery

Carpal tunnel level member
I don’t know who caused this
This place is in trouble
Very scary times when no one wants to work
$15-$30 per hr
Week paid vacation
Paid lunches
3 applications 1 actually showed up to work 2 no shows
in 5 weeks of running adds
Absolutely absurd

And we’re booked until March 5 days a week lol

Dan Cobb

Branched out member
Plenty of young folks are go-getters, but the number of young adults who fail to launch (or fail to remain in orbit) seems to have reached an all time high. Why go out and work hard when you can stay at home and glom off mom and dad? Seems as though many want to be instant millionaires and actual work is beneath them. In former employment, we had to schedule major maintenance activities across the company to levelize the needed number of skilled craft people (pipefitters, millwrights, boilermakers, etc.) because they were in short supply. And that started 20 years ago. I think the younger crowd leaned towards being keyboard jockeys, perhaps not realizing good craft workers earned more than most desk workers. For some people, appearing to live the good life on social media is more important than actually living a good life.

And when someone who fits squarely in the elite category talks about how they're all for the average Joe working person, my BS alarms start going off. I pay attention to what they do, not what they say.

dsptech

Branched out member
Who do you think the republicans who own these huge corporations are going to use to replace the 680K people that died from covid with?
Republican politicians put the fear of "caravans of illegals" that are going to take over our county to scare and anger you "so called" patriots who are all descendants of immigrants.
It's their filthy rich donors who are bringing the illegals here to deflate wages and have been doing so for decades.

Hosocat

Why such hatred for the wealthy? Most of them earned that money legitimately. Are you starving? You will be if the incentives for creation of wealth continue to be harmed. Ive reached an age where i try not to begrudge others what they have earned, and im honest enough in my own self appraisal to realize that i had most of the same opportunities in life that they did. Whether by luck, connections, birth, or in most cases intelligence, skill, and hard work they were able to obtain more material goods than me. Who cares? I have more than i need and im satisfied with it. Theres no nedd to harte the wealthy. Work with them and you are more likely to prosper.

rico

Been here a while
The myth that Donald was somehow a blue collar president is just that. A fucking myth.

Massive tax cut for the richest and corporations. He promised us a “middle class tax cut” , but never delivered on this promise.

One of the only presidents in American history to have a net lose in jobs during his presidnecy

Trump changed the rules on overtime which ended up costing the American worker over a Billion Dollars in wages.

Trumps tariff war with China did nothing but raise manufacturing cost which cost us jobs, and caused the American worker to pay more for goods.

Wages barely stay in front of inflation under Trump. Throw in the cost of healthcare and many where behind the 8 ball.

Trump threatened to veto any legislation that raised the minimum wage to $15 an hour

Trump broke his promise to go after companies that sent jobs overseas, and instead gave over $115 billion in federal contracts to companies that were offshoring jobs

The Trump administration implemented anti union policies at an alarming pace.

Our economy’s was in the fucking gutter when Trump left office.

Last edited:

Birdyman88

Branched out member
Why such hatred for the wealthy? Most of them earned that money legitimately.
Uh okay. Yeah and they're you're best friend and would never replace you with a legal immigrant who would work for half you're wage. And they would never conspire with the government to bring in legal immigrants to replace you. And they would never send any factories overseas in order to cut costs. And they are really lonely and just want to hang out with us normal types and drink beer at the corner bar. Besides, I thought y'all hated the elites.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom