Foot locking SRT with Zigzag/Chicane. Bare-bones SRT.

52Hertz

I've recently started foot locking a single leg of Samson Tangent instead of using foot/knee ascenders with a chest harness. Kinda starting to love it. Having the handle on the Chicane is very nice for pulling back on to reset your feet. I feel freed by not climbing with ascenders. The only things I climb with on my saddle are a revolver on an ultra sling I spliced(redirect), 16 foot lanyard, and short webbing strap with an extra biner. Does anyone here do something similar? What are your set ups if so? I'll post a video of my setup if anyone is interested.

Wrangler

Keep it up! I used to climb with wrench and no footie. I hated foot ascender jamming into my foot when standing in crotches, plus messing with taking rope in and out of it. Not sure if I can still do it but you inspired me to give it a try again, It’s a great way to climb, keeps you in shape too!

Anawan

I've recently started foot locking a single leg of Samson Tangent instead of using foot/knee ascenders with a chest harness. Kinda starting to love it. Having the handle on the Chicane is very nice for pulling back on to reset your feet. I feel freed by not climbing with ascenders. The only things I climb with on my saddle are a revolver on an ultra sling I spliced(redirect), 16 foot lanyard, and short webbing strap with an extra biner. Does anyone here do something similar? What are your set ups if so? I'll post a video of my setup if anyone is interested.
Also been working to minimize SRT setup. I switched to a two handed ascender though. Really helps my body mechanics with the foot lock, although I’m still crawling in comparison to the speed I have with foot ascender. hoping to get faster. Will require many pop tarts worth of calories.

Are you not using a chest ascender?

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom