Foot ascender strap

Mowerr

Never heard of them nor ever seen that piece but this would be an awesome opportunity to make a really nice knee ascender with that thing. Very easy.

Mowerr

Yea you could sew them too if u don't mind doing that. Theres info online about the strengths of certain stitch patterns if you wanna make it new again.

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Administrator
Hot cut the ends
Overlap the ends 1.5 times the webbing length
Sew several passes in line with the edges of the webbing

Most home sewing machines should be able to sew this easily.

How long did the webbing last?

YOu could use a skinny piece of sandpaper or emery cloth to radius the edge of the ascender where it rubbed and broke.

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
I just sewn up webbing for a turbo foot that I had knocking around for an arb visiting Barbados weeks back. I had fucked the original shortening it for my son. He moved on to a Ct . It is quite easy. As Tom has said set it up for the boots sweetspot. Sewing the bottom strap first then add the top strap. Make sure it fits snug with no slop.

Harrison_smith

Hot cut the ends
Overlap the ends 1.5 times the webbing length
Sew several passes in line with the edges of the webbing

Most home sewing machines should be able to sew this easily.

How long did the webbing last?

YOu could use a skinny piece of sandpaper or emery cloth to radius the edge of the ascender where it rubbed and broke.

Very helpful. Thanks!

Benjo75

The strap on my CT broke again. I have it sewn back together. Always holds nice. The only downside to the CT imo is the strap doesn't last too long.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts
Top Bottom