Fid for ascent event?

Wrangler

Participating member
Anyone using a splicing fid to attach RR to line for ascent event. I’m looking to purchase one but I need help figuring out which one to buy. The one I need has a Chinese finger cuff looking thing on the end.... I think.
Thanks in advance!

dmonn

Participating member
I assume you want to use this to feed the rope through from the end without fiddling with slic pins and have your hitch pre-tied? Maybe post this on the "splice rack".

Wrangler

Participating member
I got the idea from a thread on this forum a couple of years ago. I did a search this morning but I can’t find it. The plan is to tie Rope Wrench on fid just below basket (Chinese finger cuff) when you step up to climbing line to attach your system you grab the end of the rope and secure it to fid via basket. If all goes well you pull fid out of tied WR system and your on the climbing line. Maybe a long shot but for $60 I’m going to give it a try.

Wrangler

Participating member
I made error in original post and wrote RR..... I meant WR.
This is for a Rope Wrench system to save time fiddling with hitch,pully, and wrench attachment....for competition purposes only

Batla

Participating member
This might be the thread you were looking for... ;) :

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom