Fail. Sling Crash

Dave Rohach

That could have been a really bad situation for the ground crew, let alone any personal property of the HO's or Arb Co. I thought most of the picks were done with rope in the video! Happy to see that everyone went home safe.

96coal449

Glad all are safe. Agreed .... tree gear lives an abusive life and should be inspected regularly and strange gear on site should be inspected before use. Also, your tie in point on the ball should NOT be the hook. It doesn't fly here in the states.

Last edited:

AlexArbo

That could have been a really bad situation for the ground crew, let alone any personal property of the HO's or Arb Co. I thought most of the picks were done with rope in the video! Happy to see that everyone went home safe.
Ground crew never works under the crane boom. It was a valuable lesson.

AlexArbo

Glad all are safe. Agreed .... tree gear lives an abusive life and should be inspected regularly and strange gear on site should be inspected before use. Also, your tie in point on the ball should NOT be the hook. It doesn't fly here in the states.
You're right. I've grasped the point information on the ball. Currently I'm using a safer technique. Thank you.

flyingsquirrel25

Hopefully you are spending more time rigging pieces for little to no movement when the cut is finished as well. I'm sorry but you cant blame the sling when its being treated that way. Glad everyone is safe, that's all that matters. And you learn going forward.

DTS

Sling placement is critical even with the large crane you were using picks must be smooth as possible. That was heavy wood and slings were shocked way to much over and over. Good video keep them coming.

InTheTree

Good reminder on cycles to failure, keeping track of equipment and when to retire even if it still looks good. I don't think thus was the case but it's the first thing I thought of that I could improve upon. Logs of equipment.
Thanks for the video.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom