EZ Ject Soil Injector

ATH

Been here a while
what do you use it for? I have a Kioritz that I have only used a couple of times. I should probably either use it or sell it!

ATH

Been here a while
Midwest Arborist supply has this:

(same idea, but hooked to backpack). Brian told me this was to replace the Kioritz...

ATH

Been here a while
Bidding war?

j/k. @JD3000 posted something first and i can probably hand deliver at Ohio Tree Care Conference in Feb (unless you plan on using it before then!).

I don't even remember what I paid for it...was it like 3-4 grand? I'll sell it for a fair offer - you can decide what it is worth when you see it. After I posted that I remember I may have done a small year's worth of EAB / imidacloprid with it??? That would have been probably 7-8 years ago.

Still curious what it is best used for.

macrocarpa

Participating member
I think I bought my original kioritz new in 2005-2006 for $400-500?They work good for anything applied as a soil drench around the base of the tree like for hemlock & ash treatments or growth regulators etc. but I primarily use them for root/soil injecting organic based ferts made with no chlorides/salts. When there is adequate soil moisture/rainfall it works perfectly and can be accurately delivered.

Last edited:
Reactions: ATH

ATH

Been here a while
"discontinued" is key. Ignore the "used" part! :envidioso

I don't know. Heck, anything is more than I had before, plus I'll have more cabinet space. You can look at it and let me know what you think it is worth. I think it was maybe $350 new. I wouldn't pay more than 50% of new price for most used gear myself...

I'll dig it out and make sure it still works. I doubt you can get parts for it - but most wearable stuff should be O-rings and the like that any hardware store probably has.

macrocarpa

Participating member

I don't know. Heck, anything is more than I had before, plus I'll have more cabinet space. You can look at it and let me know what you think it is worth. I think it was maybe $350 new. I wouldn't pay more than 50% of new price for most used gear myself...

I'll dig it out and make sure it still works. I doubt you can get parts for it - but most wearable stuff should be O-rings and the like that any hardware store probably has.

I know someone who works with "Save Georgia's Hemlocks" that re-fabricates the old kioritz parts. If they are left in a shed or garage over winter they seem to have some parts that crack. In the southern appalachians kioritz injectors were used to treat countless hemlocks.

JD3000

Most well-known member

Run some hot water through it for gunk

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom