Experienced Tree Climbers Needed For Long Term Contract In California $25 to $35 per hr/

Line-Clearance, Fire Suppression/Tree Clearance Operations
We are seeking experienced tree climbers for operations in Northern California. A large portion of
the work will be Line-clearance tree trimming (pruning, trimming, repairing, maintaining,
removing, or clearing of trees or the cutting of brush that is near (within 10 feet of) energized
power lines.) The work will be accomplished by qualified employees and line-clearance tree
trimmers who are clearing lines with brush clippers, sprayers, stump cutters, chain saws,
backpack power cutters, climbing ropes, or safety saddles.
Pre-qualified applicants (through resume and verifiable experience/background) will be required
to attend and pass a 3 day course involving CPR, first aid, safety, tree felling and a tree climbing
practical evaluation/test. Required knowledge may include; Knot tying
https://www.netknots.com
(Clove hitch, Cow hitch, Running bowline, Double Bowline, and zeppelin bend knots)(
knots
shown below
), how to properly and safely fell a tree, 3 points of contact on tree, and 2 handed
cutting. Other knowledge items may be required within an experienced tree climbers area of
expertise.
Please only respond with serious inquiries. This work is for those who already have a knowledge
base within the career field.
Skills desired: Tree climbing experience, Line clearance experience, tree felling experience,
minimum approach distance knowledge, being able to work within and comply with safety related
work practices and procedures, being able to properly wear PPE (person protective equipment)
and fall protection, and common sense.
Certifications desired: Line clearance certification
Job information:
Location of assignment: TBD
After passing training: Transportation and fuel provided.
Work schedule: Fire reduction teams (cutting down) 6 days a week/10 hour days = 60 hours per week
Crew make up: 2 climbers and 2 ground personnel = total 4 (1 of the team members will be the crew
lead)
Pay: starting 28-35/hr. 2-4 hours daily overtime projected

For more information or to set up training please contact hireaclimber@gmail.com
500 people needed so tell youor friends with experience and lets get started.
Climber test 3 days a week and your travel will be paid.

Flex Abednego

Participating member
Did you ever find the people you need? I’m apprehensive to respond to your post because a few of these have turned out to be full on shit shows... just some group getting a contract that they have zero ability to fulfill without growing by leaps and bounds almost overnight... they promise the moon then the folks who show up end up walking because the company is unable to handle the logistics involved... is this another one of those?
Just be honest if it is.
If not I could be interested (not a line clearance climber)

TimBr

Official Well Known Greeter
Hey, @Flex Abednego; It is good to read you again, I hope all is well.

When I hover my cursor over the original poster's username, it tells me that he joined up here on the Buzz on November 5th, 2018, and started this thread two days later, on November 7th, 2018. That was the last day that he logged in to the Buzz. It's possible he still lurks here, but I'd be betting that when he got zero responses to his original post, he gave up on this forum. Maybe I'm wrong, but I would not hold my breath waiting for a response from this guy.

Like I said, it is good to read you, and I look forward to reading more from you. I hope you stick around awhile. Take care.

Tim

Flex Abednego

Participating member
Hey, @Flex Abednego; It is good to read you again, I hope all is well.

When I hover my cursor over the original poster's username, it tells me that he joined up here on the Buzz on November 5th, 2018, and started this thread two days later, on November 7th, 2018. That was the last day that he logged in to the Buzz. It's possible he still lurks here, but I'd be betting that when he got zero responses to his original post, he gave up on this forum. Maybe I'm wrong, but I would not hold my breath waiting for a response from this guy.

Like I said, it is good to read you, and I look forward to reading more from you. I hope you stick around awhile. Take care.

Tim

Top Bottom