Experienced Tree Climber/ Arborist Needed

Green Valley Arborist

Professional, ISA Certified tree care service seeking an experienced tree climber / worker in the Boone area.

Preferred candidates will have the following skills

* 2 Years Tree Climbing Experience (ISA Cert Preferred)

* Ground Work, Lowering, Rigging

* Experience Using a Chipper

* Tree Felling Experience

* Safe Working Habits

* Interest in the Tree Care Industry

On the job training will be provided by an ISA Certified Arborist.

Wages will be competitive and based on experience.

Please reply to this ad with contact information, description of experience / work history, or resume (Preferred).

Crimsonking

Carpal tunnel level member
In the triad 27-35 seems to be the range among quality companies. They also offer some benefits, though. Not all standard, however- some are creative and connect well with employees. Free lunch, production bonuses, salary vs hourly (if not abused), parties, hangouts, etc.

southsoundtree

Been here a while
Must be cheap cost of living, or something.

I expect to pay $25+/ hour for a solid groundworker. That means no hand holding, no rookie nonsense, no 'I forgot my boots/ lunch/ brain at home'.

Around here, that would be a pretty good paycheck; the big companies around here pay much less than that, $20-22ish with benefits for a crewleader seems fairly standard. We pay much better, but still can’t find anyone!
with benefits

What hourly dollar amount does this amount to? Extra $6,8, 15 dollars/ hour?

Hard to find quality people.

Easy to find junk.

Reach

Been here a while
Must be cheap cost of living, or something.

I expect to pay $25+/ hour for a solid groundworker. That means no hand holding, no rookie nonsense, no 'I forgot my boots/ lunch/ brain at home'.

with benefits

What hourly dollar amount does this amount to? Extra $6,8, 15 dollars/ hour?

Hard to find quality people.

Easy to find junk.
I think the cost of living here is much lower than in your neighborhood. You can buy a decent house with a lawn for around $150-200k, I personally live on an acre, with a 1400 sq. ft. house, and bought it for $95k about 7 years ago. It needed a little updating, but nothing major.

My sister lives in a moderately upscale neighborhood, in a 3500 sq. ft. house on an acre lot, bought two years ago for about $250k. We are in the farming capital of the country, so food is generally fairly inexpensive, and taxes aren’t too bad. Median household income is $66k/year, what is your neighborhood like?

27RMT0N

Carpal tunnel level member
This kind of thing is debated every time someone looking for an employee and honestly I find it a little tiring. Personally I'm happy to see when a company posts the wage range (though I'd like to see it in the first/original post) because many don't. That information lets potential employees make the decision themselves if it is worth looking into.

Some numbers from my area: Average home value is $700,332 (up 10.7% in one year) and searching across the entire county, there are only 5 homes under $500,000. Two of those under 1,000 square feet. Location matters, yo.

Reach

Been here a while
This kind of thing is debated every time someone looking for an employee and honestly I find it a little tiring. Personally I'm happy to see when a company posts the wage range (though I'd like to see it in the first/original post) because many don't. That information lets potential employees make the decision themselves if it is worth looking into.

Some numbers from my area: Average home value is $700,332 (up 10.7% in one year) and searching across the entire county, there are only 5 homes under $500,000. Two of those under 1,000 square feet. Location matters, yo.
Location definitely matters, those are some crazy home values! My parents live on 11 acres, in a beautiful timber frame and stone house, just built a couple years ago, and their whole property is probably worth $500-600k around here. I’m glad I don’t have to pay your mortgage!

southsoundtree

Been here a while
Olympia's cost of living ranks among Atlanta, Denver, and other much larger cities. The Olympia area's cost of living is about 10% higher than the national average, according to new data compiled by the Thurston County Regional Planning Council for the first quarter of 2020.Jul 7, 2020

Rent/ mortgage are climbing fast.

Raven

Branched out member
"Cost of living" is off the charts for all of us these days. Most employers on this site are small businesses, that means the more they compensate employees the less they can afford their own "cost of living", then we have to raise our rates for customers meaning their "cost of living" went up too. It's a vicious cycle we're trapped in, a real problem for society. Why must it cost so much to "live"? Because our current system isn't designed for small fish to accumulate wealth but rather redistribute wealth to the bigger and bigger fish - trickle up economics. The real value is in finding a job you love to do and do that, the money needs to come second or you'll never be happy.

Employers will pay what they can afford and what their local market dictates. If potential employees can't find a job that pays a "living wage" then they'll stay home and do other things.

Sorry to derail the thread Rob R, best of luck finding a guy or two, I hear that's pretty country down there.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom