Employee Safety Manual/Employee Handbook

TreeVB

I am finally going to be hiring a couple of employees and need to create a safety manual for workers comp. as well as an employee handbook to keep things flowing. Would anyone mind sharing theirs so I have an example of what to include, or know any good links for quality examples?

MO_treeguy

I can share what the company handbook I work for has. There are three sections driving, groundman, and aerial trimming.

Driving- proper authorization to drive a vehicle, cdl and med card on hand.
-wearing seat belts whenever the vehicles moving.
-pre/post trip will be completed before and after operating vehicles

Groundman- ppe will be wore when on job site
-verbal communication will be used when entering work area.
-chaps will be used while cutting on ground.
-felling, workers will be 1.5 times out of danger zone. Pedestrians 2 times.
-signs and cones will be used for traffic control

Aerial trimming- when leaving ground tie in is a must. When cutting two points of tie in.
-before making a cut communication will be made
-we have a 5 ft rule when working near powerlines, using non conductive tools if needed.

Gear inspections will be done MWF by a fellow peer. Each employee will be assigned a task each week housekeeping, grease equipment, checking fluids, shop organization.

This is a general outline of ours, obviously it goes into more detail and there are a few more safety things that didn’t cross my mind. When the insurance guy came to my crew he asked about training videos and safety meetings. Testing to know when an employee is proficient in an area. We lacked in those areas but he was happy with everything else.

TreeVB

I can share what the company handbook I work for has. There are three sections driving, groundman, and aerial trimming.

Driving- proper authorization to drive a vehicle, cdl and med card on hand.
-wearing seat belts whenever the vehicles moving.
-pre/post trip will be completed before and after operating vehicles

Groundman- ppe will be wore when on job site
-verbal communication will be used when entering work area.
-chaps will be used while cutting on ground.
-felling, workers will be 1.5 times out of danger zone. Pedestrians 2 times.
-signs and cones will be used for traffic control

Aerial trimming- when leaving ground tie in is a must. When cutting two points of tie in.
-before making a cut communication will be made
-we have a 5 ft rule when working near powerlines, using non conductive tools if needed.

Gear inspections will be done MWF by a fellow peer. Each employee will be assigned a task each week housekeeping, grease equipment, checking fluids, shop organization.

This is a general outline of ours, obviously it goes into more detail and there are a few more safety things that didn’t cross my mind. When the insurance guy came to my crew he asked about training videos and safety meetings. Testing to know when an employee is proficient in an area. We lacked in those areas but he was happy with everything else.
Thank you for taking the time to write this out. It gives a starting point for sure.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom