Elevator truck

joshua glackin

Im wanting to buy a rear mount Altec or terex elevator truck. If you have one for sale or know of one for sale please respond!!!!

joshua glackin

Thanks Royce for the reply I'll check it out. I went to Alabama to look at one but couldn't seem to close a deal. Friday I'm headed the the Carolinas to look/purchase one with fingers crossed.

ROYCE

Well keep us posted and let us know what you get. I am desperately in need of a 75 footer. I just have to wait because I have no $$$$$

joshua glackin

Ended up finalizing a deal on a rear mount Altec lrv60-e70 hopefully will take delivery of it late January. Thanks all who replied and PM me. I will be selling my current bucket truck if anyone's interested. It's also listed in treebay under 2003 Altec lrv55 international 4300

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROYCE

Did you buy brand new? How much is a 75 footer running these days. Feel free to PM me!! I inly ask because that is our next purchase but I want to try and save as much as I can.

ROYCE

$170-$185k depending on chassis. As per an altec rep.

$110k seems like a lot for almost 10yrs and 6500hrs
Yeah, I think 110 is too high. I also think that 185 is too high. But, brand new is good in some ways. I'm a little conservative and like to try and find used in good shape for a decent price. Its hard to tell for me though. Sometimes I think I have it all figured out and then BAM.... My mind changes. I mean christ, I just bought a Morbark. I always thought bandit was better.

joshua glackin

I have priced the trucks new there 154k for rear mount elevators only a $500 dollar difference between the Altec and feva terex that's on bear bone chassis

Yeah, I think 110 is too high. I also think that 185 is too high. But, brand new is good in some ways. I'm a little conservative and like to try and find used in good shape for a decent price. Its hard to tell for me though. Sometimes I think I have it all figured out and then BAM.... My mind changes. I mean christ, I just bought a Morbark. I always thought bandit was better.
I've been told $185k on a decked out 4x4 chassis. The $175k was a truck altec had at the last Hartford TCIA show. Of course that was with their financing too, so....

Jeff

If you guys watch Tree Trader closely, 10 year old rear mount elevators will pop up in the $75k, 85k, maybe 100k range. There aren't many, and they go QUICKLY so you've got to move fast, but they are out there. Still a lot of dough, but $160 is a really tough nut to swallow.

That having been said, everyone was correct: Once you get a rear mount elevator, you CAN'T IMAGINE how you did tree work without it. We still chuckle with surprise at the things we're able to accomplish with it.

Jim Maloney

Keep in mind that when you rise the elevator, you are also raising the height of the isolator. Not much of an issue for most private work but it will shorten the life of your groundie when working in proximity to energized conductors.

Jeff

But we often use the elevator specifically to get the elbow up and over or up and in-between the wires, so you raise a very good point. Thanks for the reminder.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom