Echo DCS-2500T plastic lunchbox

Ken Yanoviak

Echo, Echo, Echo... can you hear me? 2511t is the bomb when modded ...stock, it's just ok...why not make a good bar and chain for it (stihl 1/4 bar and chain)... Youre branding it "X" for professionals so why not research what pros are using? Also, while I'm on this rant...what's with the big plastic lunchbox you call the DCS-2500T? Not available in the US? Why so chunky? Yes! we want a light weight battery powered climbing saw...but why such a weird shape?

Treezybreez

The slanted side handle would drive me nuts! I often use the side handle on my 201 for sighting the felling direction for the top. Wouldn't work with that saw.

Stromodoktor

Echo, Echo, Echo... can you hear me? 2511t is the bomb when modded ...stock, it's just ok...why not make a good bar and chain for it (stihl 1/4 bar and chain)... Youre branding it "X" for professionals so why not research what pros are using? Also, while I'm on this rant...what's with the big plastic lunchbox you call the DCS-2500T? Not available in the US? Why so chunky? Yes! we want a light weight battery powered climbing saw...but why such a weird shape?
The 2511 tC has a 1/4 tsumura bar and oregon chain. Its really good

Mowerr

Yeah I love that slanted handle on my 2511(looks the same)... Still easy to sight the lay.
Another thing to consider with that slanted handle being on their weaker saws, I think the assumption it that your not cutting big tops that would need to be notched 110%perfectly to hit the lay.
I know you got the power to do huge things with that 200t Stihl. If you look at echos equivalent 355t has a straight handle like the Stihl... I could be wrong but that's what I assumed.
After using my 2511 for a little bit now I think I'd prefer the slanted handle more now on all top handles.

27RMT0N

I'd like to get a battery climber at some point in the near future, but I guess I'm just waiting for the next gen to come out. When I was looking for my most recent climbing saw I ended up with the 2511T, because it was cheaper, lighter and more powerful than the current options in electrics. I held the Stihl battery climber saw a while back and couldn't stand the two-hand safety button... but I certainly look forward to having a quiet saw at some point.

NeSurfcaster

Maybe it's because I'm a little skinny guy and only do tree work full time 5-6 months a year. When doing side jobs very rarely do I want the 201t like the company I work for uses. I personally own a 2511t ruuning stihl yellow label full chisel 3/8ths l/p .050. I like it a lot. Certain cuts I miss the power to get unrigged limbs to land flat. Chunking down bigger wood the 2511t is fine for me, sharp chain really helps. Really tho when I'm chunkin down stems, when the 2511t is too small the 201t would only be able to make one more cut before the bigger saw comes up.
Back to the OP/topic, Battery saws may be the future but currently I'm not looking forward to it. Sometimes while in awkward positions it would be nice to not have to start a gas saw. But around here Monday threw Saturday 7:30 am is fine for start time so no advantage there w/ less noise. I usually wait till 8 am to start chipping and then say "Good Morning whatever neighborhood were in"

Mowerr

Maybe it's because I'm a little skinny guy and only do tree work full time 5-6 months a year. When doing side jobs very rarely do I want the 201t like the company I work for uses. I personally own a 2511t ruuning stihl yellow label full chisel 3/8ths l/p .050. I like it a lot. Certain cuts I miss the power to get unrigged limbs to land flat. Chunking down bigger wood the 2511t is fine for me, sharp chain really helps. Really tho when I'm chunkin down stems, when the 2511t is too small the 201t would only be able to make one more cut before the bigger saw comes up.
Back to the OP/topic, Battery saws may be the future but currently I'm not looking forward to it. Sometimes while in awkward positions it would be nice to not have to start a gas saw. But around here Monday threw Saturday 7:30 am is fine for start time so no advantage there w/ less noise. I usually wait till 8 am to start chipping and then say "Good Morning whatever neighborhood were in"
Is your 2511 modded ported at all?

NeSurfcaster

Nah just muffler modded(shotgun/buckshot style at cat then drilled hole below stock opening and then opened up stock opening) w/ carb limiters removed and tuned to near perfection. If chunking bigger wood I sometimes fatten it up a hair. Maybe port it later on but will probably try N/K or 1/4" before porting. Tough call tho, 150 bucks more for porting over 1/4" switch and it's guaranteed to cut great. Also would still have the easy sharpening of the 3/8th's lp if ported.

Mowerr

Nah just muffler modded(shotgun/buckshot style at cat then drilled hole below stock opening and then opened up stock opening) w/ carb limiters removed and tuned to near perfection. If chunking bigger wood I sometimes fatten it up a hair. Maybe port it later on but will probably try N/K or 1/4" before porting. Tough call tho, 150 bucks more for porting over 1/4" switch and it's guaranteed to cut great. Also would still have the easy sharpening of the 3/8th's lp if ported.
Thanks for the details bc I'm looking to have some work done on mine

Njdelaney

The lack of a sighting line is pretty easily fixed with a Sharpie and a speed square. Set it on a flat table and shim it up until the bar is parallel to table top. Then take a speed square and mark your line on the clutch cover with a Sharpie perpendicular to the table. Alternatively, there are two lines on the clutch cover that are essentially parallel to the bar so you can just use them to mark your line too. 20200616_124001.jpg

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom