Eagles 2021 Day 1

Steve Connally

Thanks @rico i appreciate that. @Wrangler it’s a NPS USDA program to band and sometimes place trackers on eagle chicks. Most likely f the time it’s near military airfields to help manage the air strike program. They monitor if their birds are on the airfields or migrating birds. Helps to understand why they’re around the airfields.

larrybeetree

Have been buzzed real close by a Northern Goshawk and owls, never hit. I imagine you have more than a few stories of "get out of my nest" encounters. thanks for post.

larrybeetree

They've never even come close to the nest while i'm in it.
that is good. we have had a few jobs where we top out dominant Doug Fir trees, limb down leaving long stubs in known eagle areas in hopes of creating roosting or nest tree. Do not know proper distance between nests for eagles. 500' distance for osprey nests is what Forest Service suggests. Many eagle and osprey nest trees have burned up in the Holiday fire along the McKenzie River this last Summer. The birds will find new trees to re build on.

Steve Connally

that is good. we have had a few jobs where we top out dominant Doug Fir trees, limb down leaving long stubs in known eagle areas in hopes of creating roosting or nest tree. Do not know proper distance between nests for eagles. 500' distance for osprey nests is what Forest Service suggests. Many eagle and osprey nest trees have burned up in the Holiday fire along the McKenzie River this last Summer. The birds will find new trees to re build on.
I'm not exactly sure what the distance between nests. I'll have to find out. I've seen a few fairly close to each other 2-300 yards but those were also in a heron rookery. Easy pickings on snacks

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts
Top Bottom