Dyne-Amic Surfactant

ATH

right away or after sitting? I guess I've always just used it right as I mix it.

JD3000

Most well-known member
Right away it jells. Makes me wonder if it is affecting the active ingredient and effectiveness since most of the phosphites recommend using these surfactants for trunk applications

macrocarpa

It makes a blue "jelly" at the bottom of the sprayer (Actually I think it floats on the top and sprays out when nothing else is left) I've wondered what the heck is going on too? Since the combination of products is recommended on the label. I think I remember trying an anti foam and don't think it helped. Might try it again to make sure.

ATH

so Reliant:Water is 50:50 then you add pentrabark?

I just made up another batch yesterday and had no problems... We were doing a bunch of trees...I think I mixed 8 Qt Reliant, 5 gallons water and 16 oz Pentrabark (I'm being too lazy to go look that up...but pretty sure that is what we used).

ATH

This week was a tank...but usually backpack or hand pump. I actually put some from the tank into a hand pump for a couple of distant trees, but it didn't sit long.

I was afraid I was going to be 'jinxed' as I made the mix this week since I said this hasn't happened to me

Last edited:

Jzack605

Yeah I typically get build up at the nozzle tip; with and without the mesh screen just before the opening. Slightly easier to deal with when taking the mesh filter out as it’s hard to clean while just the tip (heh) I just put a thin wire through to push out any build up.

Reactions: ATH

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom