Dragnet on rope

So about six months ago I got swarmed by bald face hornets while pruning a large Cherry tree. The hive was hidden in a cedar hedge below the tree I was working in, and I had to descend past it in order to get to the ground. Not fun!
Anyway, there happened to be an Orkin man in the neighborhood and he was able to deal with the hive promptly. Due to the proximity of my rope to the hive, some pesticide overspray ended up on my rope. The pesticide used by Orkin was Dragnet FT PCP#24715.
I washed my rope with Nikwax Tech Wash (detergent free and safe for washing rope), but I'm still unsure of whether or not the Dragnet may have damaged the integrity of the rope fibers. I have not used the rope since I washed it, but I was wondering if anyone has ever gotten pesticide on their rope? Did you retire it? Wash it? Keep climbing on it?

Thanks

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Administrator
Contact the tech department of the rope manufacturer. Have the MSDS or container label for Dragnet for them.

There are few chemicals that damage typical climbing ropes.

Norm_Hall

[ QUOTE ]
Contact the tech department of the rope manufacturer. Have the MSDS or container label for Dragnet for them.

There are few chemicals that damage typical climbing ropes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Preferably the pesticide label. It will tell all active and inert ingredients.
I wouldn't use the rope until it's been cleared.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom