Double Line Rope Walker Follow-up

Gerald_Beranek

Thanks, Chris

I know I'm cross-threading here, but it just became split into two discussions. Hope not to offend anyone.

Gerald_Beranek

Are we all not characters?

I"ll bring my setup to Providence for anybody to tryout. Though understand it's adjusted for myself and saddle type.. Matters a lot,, and so may not function as smoothly on another persons belt and setup. Nonetheless it should work on most.

See you there

Axman

Jerry,

Thanks for showing how to choke the lanyard around a stem in this vid for more stable positioning when your tie in point is working against you and the usual way of going around the stem with the lanyard doesn't work so good for stability.

I used this technique the other day and it worked sweet.I don't know why I didn't come across this technique before. Luckily my lanyard was already set up the same way as your's so it worked out really good for me.

Wished I had been turned on to this trick years ago.

Thanks again

Larry

Gerald_Beranek

Your quite welcome, Larry. So many little things we do every day and take for granted that are milestones for the ones coming up.

Appreciate your comments.

RogerM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for an incredibly helpful tool Jerry.
I use this All the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey bro, How bout letting me borrow that when winter sets in for ya and your out snow plowing

Gerald_Beranek

[ QUOTE ]
you sure that is poison ivy line? looks more like tachyon/lava

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. I realize now for the sake of clarity in a demo video I should just eliminate any brand names and stick to generic descriptions.

Thanks for pointing it out.

stevebullman

gerry......i think this is a fantastic setup, so much so that i went out and bought a new pantin and dropped it in at my local saddlers and had some webbing stitched on to make the set up pretty identical to how you have yours. only thing is though, i just cant make the left side pantin stay on....the minute i raise my left leg it just pops out. any suggestions?

Waldo

Steve, use a karabiner to capture the rope in the pantin. thats what that eye is for.

Gerald_Beranek

Steve, run the bungy cord through the saddle ring and then up to the prusik on the standing part. That way it pulls on the pantine more inline with the rope. And did you stop the video and see how the bungy was a attached to the pantine? If not, the bungy is attached to the webbing slot right next to the cam. I used zing-it for the attachment. If attached to the other side it will pop the pantine off every time. Little things

stevebullman

I have the bungee tied directly to the top slot, i'll adjust that then. i have a big cedar to work on next week...3 day job so that'll give me plenty opportunity to play again.

stevebullman

made the changes jerry....its improved for sure. i think i need to focus on my actual action itself now, thats whats throwing it off at the moment

Gerald_Beranek

The type saddle you use, Steve, and the center ring may possibly change the lead from the bungy on the pantine. If the problem persists try using a keychain biner in the hole behind the cam.

I watched a few videos of some of the young guys using the system with good results. It really pleases me to see it work for others.

Luck with your ceder!