Ditch Witch skid price questions...

I am looking at the SK 1050, 1550, and the 3000 with the possibility of buying multiple (like a 1050 and a 3000) at the same time.

What is street on a 1050?
What is street on a 1550?
What is street on a 3000?

Does anyone have recent shareable intel about what the dealers are asking these days? I'm not ready to jump in with a DW dealer but I do want to run numbers that are close. Any info is really appreciated.

Cheers

Last edited:

arborandearth

Participating member
I am looking at the SK 1050, 1550, and the 3000 with the possibility of buying multiple (like a 1050 and a 3000) at the same time.

What is street on a 1050?
What is street on a 1550?
What is street on a 3000?

Does anyone have recent shareable intel about what the dealers are asking these days? I'm not ready to jump in with a DW dealer but I do want to run numbers that are close. Any info is really appreciated.

Cheers
Call them and they will give you a quote.

Not sure about the 1050 or bigger but I got a SK800 with bucket, forks, and BMG for $30 and some change last August. From the research I’ve done the 1050 is essentially a 800 with a weight kit. Get the sk3000 ! Be a Bad As!!!

Fivepoints

Branched out member
Not sure about the 1050 or bigger but I got a SK800 with bucket, forks, and BMG for $30 and some change last August. From the research I’ve done the 1050 is essentially a 800 with a weight kit. Get the sk3000 ! Be a Bad As!!!
The sk1050 is an sk850 with a weight kit factory. They used to call it the sk850 plus or something like that. The sk800 is a different machine. One big difference on the sk800 is the engine is much lower output vs the sk850. Both are good machines from what Ive seen.

We ended up finding a used sk850 from a buddy of mine. We have had an sk650 for a long time. Its been a good machine but its old and when it breaks down, being without it really sucks. We're keeping both of then so we have a backup and on a big job we run two minis.

Just to be clear the quote from above was only the machine.

I purchased a 1550 for 54k, that was w/tax included. It has been a few years I paid 31k for my 1050
Btw, the 1050 was one of the best purchases I have made. The 1550.....not so much.

In my service area it doesn’t make sense, most have fenced back yards and taking a fence down is not always a good idea. . We nearly always can use the 1050.

We have the Sk1550. We also have a smaller Vermeer unit. The 1550 is a beast compared to the Vermeer. As ChoiceTree remarked, it’s not a good fit if your clientele have small side yards, narrow gates etc. We send the 1550 on big, wide open jobs where she can run. The two biggest differences for me are the travelling speed and the weight it can carry.

When the 1550 was purchased, our bosses had suggested not running the machine at full-tilt. They were a bit scared of the speed coupled with the size. For my sins I have never obeyed the suggestion.

Yesterday we had a massive Pin Oak to dismantle. Over a hundred foot tall, ~low 40’s dbh. We were able to get the whole tree down, material processed in a day, chiefly due to the 1550’s productivity. And yes, the drop zone and job site were completely wide open, though we did put mats down for the machines ingress and egress.

edit: Our unit was purchased used, I don’t deal with the purchasing, but I think it was around 20k used.

We have the Sk1550. We also have a smaller Vermeer unit. The 1550 is a beast compared to the Vermeer. As ChoiceTree remarked, it’s not a good fit if your clientele have small side yards, narrow gates etc. We send the 1550 on big, wide open jobs where she can run. The two biggest differences for me are the travelling speed and the weight it can carry.

When the 1550 was purchased, our bosses had suggested not running the machine at full-tilt. They were a bit scared of the speed coupled with the size. For my sins I have never obeyed the suggestion.

Yesterday we had a massive Pin Oak to dismantle. Over a hundred foot tall, ~low 40’s dbh. We were able to get the whole tree down, material processed in a day, chiefly due to the 1550’s productivity. And yes, the drop zone and job site were completely wide open, though we did put mats down for the machines ingress and egress.

edit: Our unit was purchased used, I don’t deal with the purchasing, but I think it was around 20k used.
I believe you are wise for not obeying their suggestions. We always run both wide open and we have never had either machine regen on us and the 1050 has right at 2000 hours on it.

Birdyman88

Branched out member
Got a quote for a SK1050 last week, includes BMG and Blue Diamond pallet forks and 44" bucket. Total with tax $48,800. The same setup with SK800 was $37,450. The two comments I have are 1) steel prices are driving the prices up about $2,000 from a year ago, and 2) I think the dealer inflated the price of the SK1050 because he will actually have one available next month whereas the SK800 is a 4-5 month wait.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom