Cutting my climbing while I'm hanging from it .

climbstihl

As I commented on the video, I only would've done it with two safety to prevent that swing with the knife in the hand.
Other than that, great test, the results were what I was expecting, although I still panick if I see a tiny little nick in my rope...

Travor

As I commented on the video, I only would've done it with two safety to prevent that swing with the knife in the hand.
Other than that, great test, the results were what I was expecting, although I still panick if I see a tiny little nick in my rope...
I think we all panic a little bit when we see a tiny Nick but I always just relied on the. If its 7000 lb mbs divided by 24 strands..two strands it's still 600lbs ..( idk if mbs is the right term)

Winchman

That would have been a lot easier to watch if you had been two feet off the ground, and the demo would have been just as informative.

I don't worry much about the rope breaking on my 3:1, but having a damaged area get jammed in the ZZ or a pulley is a real concern.

rico

Yikes! Not your test, but the carabiner opened going over the branch.
View attachment 66147
How did you even notice that open carabiner, because all I can see is that HUGE orange appendage Travor is sportin'... Dudes packing some serious heat....

FF60CC54-5835-4C7A-B004-18DAAF56E3DA.png

We all know that Travor is a fantastic tree-man, but I'm starting to think he might have missed his true calling....

Last edited:

Bucknut

We all know climb lines are strong but it’s still amazing to see you hang and even bounce on such a tiny bit of rope. Looked like you were bouncing on a shoestring (or less).

Thanks for the lesson Travor! Now we all know that even if our climb line is sliced 75% through, we’re all good and have nothing to worry about!
:rayos:

oldoakman

Interesting test. Kevin Bingham did drop testing on the rope wrench a number of years ago that should be looked at also.

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom