Crane damage waiver.

No_Bivy

Does anyone have a cookie cutter type waiver which covers damage from having a crane on a customers driveway. Water lines, sewer, culverts, blah, blah, blah.? Please share.

Colin

Administrator
Administrator
None of the crane services I've ever used had one. I'm curious to see the responses.

No_Bivy

Mee toooo. Most times when I mention the risk of crunching a homeowners pavement the begin to WIG. Lumberjack sent me his version, which was included on a specific job estimate. I was looking for more of a blanket statement. A page of fine print and legaleze.

jonseredbred

kinda like a concrete delivery, curb delivery only.

They sign off on a claim for any damage caused by truck, and basically invite you onto the property.

Lumberjack

The one my crane company uses is shorter than the one I sent you, 2 sentences I believe. My waiver covers things I dont consider my fault, its a work in progress/evolution. If something happens not covered by that waiver, its my fault or gets added to the waiver. Like I said though, I have never had to use the waiver.

My primary crane company will request a waiver depending on the job, the other company I use doesnt seem to care. Any time a large truck or crane or heavy equipment is used, I include it on my contract. For me contracts are SOP for jobs over $1k, also most bids are verbal, not written.

No_Bivy

I convinced State Farm they would cover driveway damage for a removal off a house. They attached potential risk to the actual claim even though it was a seprate homeowner. Nothing happened though. I'll scan the letter they sent me.

JamesTX

Do you have any General Liability insurance on your business? If so, your broker should be able to help. Either they will have one or they can get one fro the underwriter.

James

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom