could have been worse, and more expensive

treesap

Daisy Chain Your Slings

I have a 36" endless loop sling I keep on my harness 24/7, for advancing my hitch on SRT, and for rigging if I need to, I usually just let it hang from my gear loop on a carabiner... never again, that thing is getting daisy chained from now on, I was spiking up a spar, and put a gaff straight through the sling, atleast it was just a tail from the water knot in the sling, (and not my leg, or lanyard tail, or boot, etc)

moral of the story: don't let stuff dangle by your feet

also, ive tripped over that darn sling way to many times.

treesap

A quick stow option is to pull the sling tight, twirl one side a few times, and clip the ends together. It will twist up on itself and hang neatly, with out any need to untie when you’re ready to use it.
thanks dude, never thought of that, daisy chaining is a necessary evil I think, so this helps

treesap

yeah, atleast my sling is still good, as the damage is in a portion that never gets loaded, and if its an issue, a new roll of webbing is cheap anyways

Phil

Sometimes if I use a sling and think I might need it in the near future I'll stow it over my shoulder like a bandolier. Depends on the length though. Can also give it one twist and wear it like a Backpack/chest harness.

Jehinten

I have a 36" endless loop sling I keep on my harness 24/7, for advancing my hitch on SRT
Assuming you mean that your wearing this sling like a chest harness, just leave it on throughout the climb. When I used a sling for that, I only took it off if I needed an additional sling while aloft.

If it's adjusted properly to tend your hitch, then it should be out of your way for any climbing

treesap

I leave it on when on SRT, but on spikes, or DRT it hangs on my harness, although, I have started into the habit of leaving that kind of stuff on the ground, unless I know I will need it

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom