Cost of Emamectin Benzoate

Chris Schultz

Participating member
Looking for average cost to buy Emamectin Benzoate, specifically in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, or anywhere for that matter. I believe it is used to treat EAB…. I am not a applicator, nor do I do much with PHC, a colleague across the country asked me if I could ask the buzzworld for prices for the stuff, and how much a company or municipality charges (on average) to treat a tree with the stuff.

Last edited:

ATH

Been here a while

I wouldn't recommend the "original". Either use G4 or R10.

SeanRuel

Branched out member
500 bucks a quart or thereabouts. I had good 2 year results with g4 treating for browntail moth caterpillars. You're probably treating EAB?

@ATH what's your experience with R10? Actually faster uptake than g4?

ATH

Been here a while
Absolutely faster uptake. Also, you use about 40% of the total volume... so goes in faster AND you use less. I also bought a quik jet air, and that is faster than the Tree IV. I've kept prices flat because injections are now so much faster --- we are more profitable at the same price.

Last edited:

Zacchaeus

I've switched from the Arborjet stuff (which I used for years) to Rainbow Tree Science Mectinite. Love it much better. It's a water-based formulation, so it uptakes faster than the Arborjet which are oil emulsions. The active ingredient is the same, and research studies I've read, as well as my own observations, support that efficacy is just as good. Price is about the same: close to $500 a quart. I question the higher dose of R10, as phytotoxicity is always a concern to me, but I don't have any experience with it... nor have I seen any studies on it.

On prices to treat, I think it really depends on the locale, company, and size of job. For example, most around here in southern Indiana treat individual trees for about $10-$12 per diameter inch. Bigger jobs with more trees may go to $6, $7, or $8 per inch.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom