Considering a 95 Vermeer 1250 85hp Diesel. Thoughts?

Hi guys, I'm looking for a cheap lesson. I'm considering purchasing a 1995 Vermeer 1250 85hp diesel. Does anyone have experience with this machine? It has a 12" capacity and has the side by side roller feed. From what I've read it has some design flaws but is a loyal machine. Its self feeding but not auto feed, is that going to be a HUGE problem? I figure we will have to play the safety bar on bigger logs but thats not a huge deal to me. I'm not a huge company at this point. The chipper is priced great, and seems to have been well maintained. Thoughts?

DTS

I started off with one with 6 cylinder gas no auto feed made a lot of money with that chipper never let me down never had one issue with it and I bought it used from dealer.

RoyalTree

That is what I had to start. Not the best machine out there but a huge improvement over a chuck and duck or nothing at all. At the right price I would not hesitate to buy on . It will make you lots of money to upgrade to a nicer machine in the future.

Forgot to mention, the Perkins diesel that was in the machine we had was fantastic. Never gave us the slightest problem of any kind. Bulletproof
Thanks for your input. I ended up pulling the trigger on it. He was asking 4K and when I found out it only had 840 hrs I couldn't say no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DTS

Nice you'll make a lot of money with it and keep it nice and you'll sell it more then what you paid for it when it's time to upgrade.

NE Tree

Thanks for your input. I ended up pulling the trigger on it. He was asking 4K and when I found out it only had 840 hrs I couldn't say no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a smoking deal. I think the boss paid around 8k for ours with 1500 hours or so on it. They're not a bad machine at all. The feed wheels don't really have any crushing power for crotches so they require a bit more cutting but not a big deal at all. Keep it greased and maintained and it should treat you good

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom