Comps and COVID-19

KentuckySawyer

Seems like a good concept, but how many comps are going to run anytime soon?
Indiana doesn't believe in COVID 19. Their TCC is still scheduled for the end of August. Southern Chapter TCC is tentatively scheduled for September, and the Kentucky TCC is scheduled for mid October, although I'm the organizer and I'm skeptical about running a safe TCC while the virus is still crushing.

Mark Chisholm

Administrator
Administrator
Many events have been canceled not because of the ability to run them and remain socially distant, but because of human nature and how we lose track of being distant when we get together. Think of a climber that just scored a 30 in throwline. Hugs and high fives will happen. Borrowing gear, touching hand bells, sharing schedule papers or a pen.....you name it things will happen. And can you imagine if someone needs medical attention? How can you remain distant when someone needs your help?

I'm not saying I'm against it at all. I'm just thinking out loud about expectations and what these events could look like. If the ITCC were to happen I would find it real difficult not to hug my friends whom many of which I only see at these events.

KentuckySawyer

Climbers hustling through a WC, breathing heavy, unwittingly showering the attentive judges below with their exhalations. Judges huddling to confer.

Personally, I'm looking at going for a setup day only to see how things unfold. Not interested in staying someplace overnight and incurring all the additional exposure.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom