Clusia leaves turning brown and falling off HELP!!

Adecerce

I hedge trimmed my Clusia two weeks ago and now the leaves are turning brown. I usually hand clip them but tried to hedge trim as they grow so quickly and I cannot keep up. It is very hot here where I live. I don’t know if they are infected or if it is sunburn? It has also been raining a lot lately. This did happen right after a trim though. There is another portion on opposite side of yard I hedge trimmed and those leaves are fine (they do not get as much sun but still a lot) Thank you!!

Attachments

Adecerce

Is it infection? I am worried they will continue to die. They are 10 ft tall I don’t want anything to happen to them

-PA-

Clean all the dead leaves from the ground, prune to remove any still attatched to tree, and to clean poor cuts and treat with a fungucide

-PA-

I'd start with the pruning of cuts and spotted leaves, as well as clean up and disposal of fallen leaves. If it continues to brown, which it may not, simply ask a nursery for a basic fungicide to treat brown leaf spot. I would hesitate on going all out until it is needed.

Adecerce

Thank you. I researched and there are so many different fungicides I wouldn’t even know where to start. I am going to remove all leaves and start there. If I notice worsening I will spray.

evo

I hedge trimmed my Clusia two weeks ago and now the leaves are turning brown. I usually hand clip them but tried to hedge trim as they grow so quickly and I cannot keep up. It is very hot here where I live. I don’t know if they are infected or if it is sunburn? It has also been raining a lot lately. This did happen right after a trim though. There is another portion on opposite side of yard I hedge trimmed and those leaves are fine (they do not get as much sun but still a lot) Thank you!!
This could also be new exposure to direct sunlight on the ‘shade’ leaves. Simply burning.

Adecerce

I picked off all the brown leaves. There are a lot of leaves that are starting to turn yellow. My other Clusia plants on different side of my yard look great even after I hedge trimmed. I am so worried about them. Would there be any one to come out and identify if they are infected or burned?

-PA-

Possibly post in general discussion to find anyone in your area, or look online for local arborists. Find one with experience in diagnosing and treatment. I would be happy to, but I'm in Seattle and can only do so much from here. I am a certified arborist with 15 years experience in troubleshooting, diagnosing and treatment.

cerviarborist

Very stable member
Go to www.ISA-Arbor.org . On the main page is a link to "Find an arborist". You should be able to put in your zip code and find listings for ISA Certified Arborists practicing in your area. You should also be able to vet the list somewhat for an arborist who specializes in plant healthcare.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom