Climbing saw help

LaPlant

Hey guys,
Im new to the forum and kinda new to the whole aborist thing. I worked w a small tree care company for a couple years while I was going to school for foresty. I learned how to climb and now I have my own climbing gear and need a decent climbing saw with out breaking the bank. Im a big fan of stihl saw but not a fan of the price. Im looking for a decent all around saw for when im in the tree because I am planning on doing it a little here and there but just starting out so money is a little bit of an option so looking for something durable and reliable. The guys a worked with were big fans of echo what are your suggestions as far as size price and a pound for pound saw. Also where is a decent site to get some rigging rope and equipment. I appreciate the help.

Last edited:

96coal449

I agree^, especially since you state your pro Stihl. If money is an issue their 192 1nd 150 model climbers are good. FWIW my partner has Echos newest top handle and it's impressive for it's class. I hate the tiny fill holes for the tanks though. BTW I love my 2ootc.

monkeylove

Like they said above, it depends alot on what your primary use will be and how much cash you have to spare. I got 2 Echo top handles, and 2 Stihl top handles. The Echo saws are heavier but they work fine. The 201 is a nice saw but if you got the cash and do a lot of 6" work the 150T is wonderful. It is the one saw I hate to have to put down. Sorry I don't have any Huskies to compare to.

hseII

Hey guys,
Im new to the forum and kinda new to the whole aborist thing. I worked w a small tree care company for a couple years while I was going to school for foresty. I learned how to climb and now I have my own climbing gear and need a decent climbing saw with out breaking the bank. Im a big fan of stihl saw but not a fan of the price. Im looking for a decent all around saw for when im in the tree because I am planning on doing it a little here and there but just starting out so money is a little bit of an option so looking for something durable and reliable. The guys a worked with were big fans of echo what are your suggestions as far as size price and a pound for pound saw. Also where is a decent site to get some rigging rope and equipment. I appreciate the help.
The 355T ECHO or the MS193T if you don't want to spring for a 201TC.

I really like my 200Ts, but if I didn't already own those, the 355T would get a shot.

LaPlant

I plan on useing it for for a little bit of everything thats why i would rather get something that i can use for everything even if it is a bit much for smaller jobs. Im just starting out on my own basically ground floor so right now I would rather deal with it being a bit heavier and able to prune and take down bc there nothing worse then wishing you went a little bigger and Im not one to turn down a job. Im trying to be able to get the majority of it in one saw. Then if things kick off I can move from there. From what ive been looking into as far as brands everything seems to fall into echo and stihl I havent really herd to much to persuade to many people towards husky
Thanks for the input

Last edited:

LaPlant

Hey guys i want to thank you for the input and helping me out i just wanted to let you guys no i ended up going woth the echo. I picked it up this morning one of the major selling points over the stihl was the price and the 5 yr consumer warrenty. I havent jad a chance to play with it at all yet.

96coal449

I don't remember if I mentioned it but my partner has the Echo 355 and I'm pretty impressed for the saw it is. Decent balance and good power. My only neg on it is the tiny gas / oil fill holes. Like you said decent price for a saw of it's class.

96coal449

We use those cans. They are simply the best. Wouldn't you know the fill wholes on the 355 fit like a glove over the fill neck. Hard to see the level in the saw tank ..... ya can't.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom