Climbing boots - arbpro sizing

stheis004

Participating member
I think I'm going with arbpro evo2's for my next boot (unless someone wants to convince me otherwise). Does anyone know if these run pretty true to size or if I should order a size up or down? Thanks!

My boxcars usually get into a 9.5 or 10 in US mens - I have ArbPro Clips in 9 (43) that fit more like rock shoes - sorta OK for summer/ thin sock season. But on the balance, with regular socks/ work socks, feet are happier with 9.5 (44) Evo 2's. These fit true to size for european climbing gear anyway. So the 44 is more like a US men's 10 to me for what it's worth.

Reach

Been here a while
They seem to fit pretty true to size to me, they are made to fit tightly, that’s how they work - if they’re not tight, you won’t get the full benefit from them.

oldoakman

Been here a while
I e been giving the arbevo2's another look for when my Drayers bite the dust. Comparing them side by side with my salewa rapace's the shape is narrower on the evo. I have heard complaints that they hurt feet if you leave them on all day and work ground after finishing a climb. I wish salewa didn't have the lace hooks that bend cause I would prefer them. Any thoughts appreciated?

Jzack605

Branched out member
I e been giving the arbevo2's another look for when my Drayers bite the dust. Comparing them side by side with my salewa rapace's the shape is narrower on the evo. I have heard complaints that they hurt feet if you leave them on all day and work ground after finishing a climb. I wish salewa didn't have the lace hooks that bend cause I would prefer them. Any thoughts appreciated?
What kind of life span you getting out of your drayers, I assume the tango light?

oldoakman

Been here a while
Tango VI. I rotate with salewa's and I'm not climbing every day. They are clubs though. Doubt I would ever get them again. They take forever to break in.

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
I am on my 6th arbpro clips.True to size. But my new ones are not made in Italy anymore. Will be my last. Back to Salewas. The crows are supposed to be the new Jam.

Reach

Been here a while
The Evo2s do have a narrow, pointy toe, as they are designed for climbing. The pointy toes are great for climbing, and take some getting used to for work on the ground. I mostly work the ground these days, so I wear these boots 10+ hours every day, without any trouble.

oldoakman

Been here a while
The Evo2s do have a narrow, pointy toe, as they are designed for climbing. The pointy toes are great for climbing, and take some getting used to for work on the ground. I mostly work the ground these days, so I wear these boots 10+ hours every day, without any trouble.
Ive tried themon at Gap a couple times and said no to them. Arbsessions carries them in 13.5. That half size might make the difference.

I think I'm going with arbpro evo2's for my next boot (unless someone wants to convince me otherwise). Does anyone know if these run pretty true to size or if I should order a size up or down? Thanks!
I’ve never been able to fit in the arb pros as they do not make a women’s boot or a men’s boot that is small enough to fit my foot. However, a lot of the guys I work with say the wear out very fast for the price. I still wanted a true climbing boot fit & found the Salomon mountaineering boot to fit more like a climbing boot with a narrow toe. They’ve held up really well & I’m able to wear spikes with them! I’m sure there’s s a men’s version of the boots, as most stores carry more options for men then women. I bought mine at REI. Hope this helps ☮️!

Attachments

• C760F1A5-A77A-46AD-B7CD-F83C87D346C2.jpeg
    C760F1A5-A77A-46AD-B7CD-F83C87D346C2.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 11
  • B00DBB9C-8CA3-4F12-8CC7-16069FCB4A81.jpeg
    B00DBB9C-8CA3-4F12-8CC7-16069FCB4A81.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 10

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom