Climber looking for work Seasonally or beyond

dspacio

Participating member
Greetings,

I returned to the trees last year, doing jobs on my own and as a contract climber in Rhode Island. The pace has slowed and I am seeking more work. I would also love to work with other experienced climbers to improve skills.

Experience goes back to 2009, doing orchard pruning, and forest work clearing trails and gathering firewood, felling big trees, also planting disease-resistant trees in clearcut sites in Oregon. I worked full time tree crew from 2015-2017, learning basics of climbing and rigging. I continued to do ground work seasonally since then. Among these years, I also worked carpentry, composite boat building, and concrete casting. Last year I got laid off and began getting tree jobs, and lately have been staying busy contracting for a few companies and doing my own jobs since last spring.

If any crews could use a climber for a week or few, I would love to expand my experience and keep busy during the winter. Accessible range is the eastern half of America, Kansas, or Washington State region (family there).
If something were super promising, the family are open to relocating but that's a whole deal, of course. I operate through an insured LLC covering basic property management tree work, that I am planning to expand.

I have studied pruning, rigging, the ISA book, tree biology etc. yet am no hotshot. I have also worked with many different crews over the years and highly value the dynamics of a team. As a climber currently I am more or less running the show, making decisions for rigging, work-flow, etc. I aim to understand what results and pace are going to optimize the team of the day and equipment available.

I have climbing gear, saws and a good kit of medium-duty rigging gear and lines. I generally borrow spikes and certain mid-size power saws when needed.
Relatively speaking, pruning skills are where I excel and have most experience. I am also competent in effective rigging in tight spots. I have been busting my way through removals as well. I am comfortable felling and will keep learning for life.

Glad to have the forum here to learn from. Would love to gain some new experiences and strengthen my game. Thanks for reading.

~Michael Giroux

VenasNursery

Carpal tunnel level member
Greetings,

I returned to the trees last year, doing jobs on my own and as a contract climber in Rhode Island. The pace has slowed and I am seeking more work. I would also love to work with other experienced climbers to improve skills.

Experience goes back to 2009, doing orchard pruning, and forest work clearing trails and gathering firewood, felling big trees, also planting disease-resistant trees in clearcut sites in Oregon. I worked full time tree crew from 2015-2017, learning basics of climbing and rigging. I continued to do ground work seasonally since then. Among these years, I also worked carpentry, composite boat building, and concrete casting. Last year I got laid off and began getting tree jobs, and lately have been staying busy contracting for a few companies and doing my own jobs since last spring.

If any crews could use a climber for a week or few, I would love to expand my experience and keep busy during the winter. Accessible range is the eastern half of America, Kansas, or Washington State region (family there).
If something were super promising, the family are open to relocating but that's a whole deal, of course. I operate through an insured LLC covering basic property management tree work, that I am planning to expand.

I have studied pruning, rigging, the ISA book, tree biology etc. yet am no hotshot. I have also worked with many different crews over the years and highly value the dynamics of a team. As a climber currently I am more or less running the show, making decisions for rigging, work-flow, etc. I aim to understand what results and pace are going to optimize the team of the day and equipment available.

I have climbing gear, saws and a good kit of medium-duty rigging gear and lines. I generally borrow spikes and certain mid-size power saws when needed.
Relatively speaking, pruning skills are where I excel and have most experience. I am also competent in effective rigging in tight spots. I have been busting my way through removals as well. I am comfortable felling and will keep learning for life.

Glad to have the forum here to learn from. Would love to gain some new experiences and strengthen my game. Thanks for reading.

~Michael Giroux
Vena’s Nursery (734)368-0645
If you make up towards S.E Michigan
Safety-Safety-Safety
Great Team,Customers,Equipment,40Hrs a week and more if interested
Mostly M-F 7:45-4:00
Saturday’s once a while besides if you request
Safe travels Sir!

dspacio

Participating member
Sounds like a adventure-opportunity for you !
Living the dream
Sure is!! I really want my sons to meet their great-grandmother, only way to do that is head to Iowa! I have dialed in a great complete climbing and rigging kit so I am planning to do tree work for family along the way. It would be ideal to get a few stints with pro crews too. Major learning opportunity and I know I can provide strong work.
I will keep in touch. Doing the main planning in the next few weeks, trip is June/July.

Reach

Been here a while
Sure is!! I really want my sons to meet their great-grandmother, only way to do that is head to Iowa! I have dialed in a great complete climbing and rigging kit so I am planning to do tree work for family along the way. It would be ideal to get a few stints with pro crews too. Major learning opportunity and I know I can provide strong work.
I will keep in touch. Doing the main planning in the next few weeks, trip is June/July.
If you ever get out to the east coast, near Lancaster or Philadelphia, let me know. You would be welcome to join us for a few.

dspacio

Participating member
If you ever get out to the east coast, near Lancaster or Philadelphia, let me know. You would be welcome to join us for a few.
Thanks! I am in Rhode Island. Heading toward Niagara Falls on the way out, but returning it's possible I will have a more southern loop. I will keep in touch if I will be passing near your area. I appreciate it!

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom