Click here to see mutant freak tree climber/cutter

Cereal_Killer

Can't wait for the old "Blake's hitch is the best" guy at work to tell me all my new methods and gear are unneeded, Ima bust this video out and tell him his rope and Blake's hitch is to much gear!

"I've been doing it this way for 27 years, what's that thing even do".
Hey Keith you know everything evolves right, you don't have to be scared of change man.

Njdelaney

Can't wait for the old "Blake's hitch is the best" guy at work to tell me all my new methods and gear are unneeded, Ima bust this video out and tell him his rope and Blake's hitch is to much gear!

"I've been doing it this way for 27 years, what's that thing even do".
Hey Keith you know everything evolves right, you don't have to be scared of change man.
Hahahahaha "Keith"

27RMT0N

I've spent a decent amount of time in the developing world and.... standards are just different to put it one way. You see it in every aspect of life and often times the safety issues in particular are just shocking to those of us from 'the west.' It applies to the trades especially, but is a part of everything you see and interact with.

A while back when I was in southern India I came across some guys doing tree work and stopped to watch. I can't recall the local language they spoke but I sure didn't speak it. They were friendly and with one who knew a little bit of English I explained I did tree work in America and used a 'cutting machine' instead of a manchette like they had. The work was pretty solid for what they were working with: hinging limbs (strange ones at times..) natural crotch rigging, trunk wraps to add friction, pull-lines, etc. They had the skills, just not the tools.

IMG_4207 (Custom).JPG

IMG_4218 (Custom).JPG

IMG_4222 (Custom).JPG

IMG_4230 (Custom).JPG

IMG_4235 (Custom).JPG

Last edited:

Bart_

He uses the Leg-choacan climbing hitch with one wrap and 1/4 twist. :) Looks like it grabs/sreleases/slides pretty good. Sometimes the Arm-choacan too. 1/2 wrap.

Did he commit leaving stubs sin?

I think I saw him free balance a few times.

I used to flinch watching Reg finish a trunk chuck chunk cut but this guy has expanded my perception.

Chaplain242

The belly balance on one cut off stub while cutting a second top is pretty good. His elbow is not going to last cracking coconuts ;-) With a harness and rope he would be an even more epic climber/tree worker.
-AJ

He may just get a harness, get distracted combing through websites for the latest gear, push his prices up to pay for all the new toys, and end up watching his competition take all the work.... not to mention losing his groin muscles....

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom